Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my truck tuned Saturday and my IAT2 temps were crazy high. 218 on one run 170 on another and 160 and then I went and got Ice so we could get it tuned while I was there. After Icing it it was much better in the 120 to 130 range. We had 2 fans blowing through the heat exchanger as well. Could it be the boost bypass valve? My intercooler pump is working perfectly and has all kinds of pressure. Possibly an air pocket? It was 94 degrees when we were tuning so I know they will be higher than normal but 218 wow! Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Jason

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its pullied for 22psi but I got my belt wet and it slipped once and glazed over so now I have to get a new belt but on those runs it was 17.5 psi

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Stock Plenuimn will hurt you with the 3.4. Saw the video, what did it make?

·
Administrator
18,598 Posts
Are you using the WMS inlet setup?

With E85, you will be OK with higher IAT2 temps than normal(at least compared to pump gas). Combustion chamber temps will be lower on the corn. But getting them down from where they are currently will be wise.

Jim

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
Like what Jim said. Trick/wms plenuimn with a trick intercooler with big lines will be your friend with the big blower

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stock Plenuimn will hurt you with the 3.4. Saw the video, what did it make?
mustang dyno numbers were 668 and corrected to dynojet it was 754
Are you using the WMS inlet setup?

With E85, you will be OK with higher IAT2 temps than normal(at least compared to pump gas). Cumbustion chamber temps will be lower on the corn. But getting them down from where they are currently will be wise.

Jim
Yeah Im going to start with bigger lines I think and a big resevoir in the bed that I can pack full of ice

·
E85 POWERED L
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^ And Jim Im using the stock inlet not an aftermarket

1 - 10 of 10 Posts