Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Worlds Shiniest HD F-150!
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 Dodge RAM 1500 / Metallic Black - A Miracle Detailing - CQuartz Professional

Lighting:
Multiple ScanGrip MultiMatch 3

Machines:
Rupes 21 with a RUPES 5" Backing Plate and IBrid Nano long neck.

Correction:
RUPES Blue Coarse Foam Pad - 5" Dia.
Scholl Concepts Shock 2 Cut Extreme Compound

Polishing:
Carpro Gloss pad - 5" Dia.
Meguiar's M210 Ultra Pro Finishing Polish

Last Step Products:
Cquartz Professional ceramic coating on paint and wheels
CQuartz Dlux Wheel and Trim Coating on trim
CarPro Clarify Glass Cleaner on windows (My new favorite)

360 walk-around video - Please click bottom Gear for Quality 1080p w/audio [Check out video - GRIN]

Thanks for Looking!

Any questions please feel free to ask.
Please post any feedback in a reply.
Question/Feedback is truly appreciated.

PLEASE subscribe to my social media channels!
https://twitter.com/AMiracleDetail
YouTube AMiracleDetailing
FaceBook A Miracle Detailing
Instagram A Miracle Detailing

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,630 Posts
hey merlin, good to see you still around!

How do you like the dlux stuff? Especially on trim?

I've recently switched my entire arsenal of detailing products over to carpro, and I've tried just about everything except dlux so far.

·
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey merlin, good to see you still around!

How do you like the dlux stuff? Especially on trim?

I've recently switched my entire arsenal of detailing products over to carpro, and I've tried just about everything except dlux so far.
Dlux is an interesting product. It is a trim coating. Unlike a trim dressing, Dlux lasts almost a year.
That said it is a little bit more difficult to apply. The kit come with (4) 4"x4" Suede MF applicators and (1) Foam block applicator and a few swabs.
Apply smoothly in a light even strokes to avoid lines and streaks. The 4"x4" Suede MF can be used without the block to insure no lines during application.
It requires a technique to apply evenly, and it takes 4-8 hours to completely dry (don't get it wet or touch it). Depending on the application style it can be satin or glossy.
If you want to get away from a trim dressing the lasts 1-2 washes or a couple of rain storms Dlux is the way to go. NOTE: Trim dressings are made to be a "renewable" product.

·
14,630 Posts
interesting. So you do use it on tires and find it lasts orders of magnitude longer than say perl? I use perl diluted 2:1 and really like the results, it just doesn't last any longer than vinylex or 303 for tires.

The other thing i thought was odd was dlux being recommended for wheels. Thoughts there? I did the rims on my model 3 with UK just like the car. The rims on the tesla don't really get hot since regen does bulk of the braking, but I read dlux was better for durability on rims, just though it was odd as a trim/plastic dressing it's also marketed as a rim product vs. regular ceramicoat for the paint.

·
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
interesting. So you do use it on tires and find it lasts orders of magnitude longer than say perl? I use perl diluted 2:1 and really like the results, it just doesn't last any longer than vinylex or 303 for tires.

The other thing i thought was odd was dlux being recommended for wheels. Thoughts there? I did the rims on my model 3 with UK just like the car. The rims on the tesla don't really get hot since regen does bulk of the braking, but I read dlux was better for durability on rims, just though it was odd as a trim/plastic dressing it's also marketed as a rim product vs. regular ceramicoat for the paint.
TIRES
On certain vehicles, I will use Dlux on the tires:
Pros:
It lasts a long time. Much longer than a tire dressing.
Depending on the application process It can be satin or glossy.
Cons:
The Orange foam block applicator can only be used once.
Discard the foam block after Dlux is applied to it.

Process:
I use the Orange Foam block applicator without the 4"x4" Suede MF
I only use the black foam part of the Orange Foam block applicator.
I put Dlux on the foam and apply it to the sidewall (apply evenly)

WHEELS
In some cases, I may not have enough ceramic coating in the bottle after two coats.
In that case, I will use Dlux on wheels. I actually think Dlux works/looks better on the wheels.
The downside is that Dlux does not last as long (6-12 months) as a ceramic coating on wheels.

·
14,630 Posts
thanks merlin!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts