Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After work on Friday I pulled out of the car wash to a stop sign and this roush mustang pulls up next to me. I rarely ever see any roush stage 3's much less get the chance to run one.

I peeled out and headed towards the service road to see if he would grab the bait. He starts following me, then pulls up next to me and gives me a thumbs up. Pretty nice car, very clean compared to my old 02 with 160k miles.
We cruised down the service road then I see him hit the loop around so I follow. I'm still unsure if he wants to run at this point. So I cruise up next to him and give him a head nod. We were going 45 then we both punch it. I kept up with him the whole way, he was leading me probably by a fender the whole time. As he started shifting to third I gained on him but he started pulling away when we were already going 80 something so I backed out. He seemed pissed I was able to keep up with him, he keep pulling in third after I backed out just to get the last laugh but deep down I know he was embarrassed and surprised I kept up like I did. He really thought he was going to smoke me. Anyways I love a good street race, probably one of the best street races ive had. Ive killed, 5.0s, R/ts, and mach 1s, hell I even beat a terminator because he couldnt hook. But I did get smoked by a ctsv, probably my worse loss but that was also on the highway so I knew I didnt have much of a chance. Makes me want to get a whipple and keep pushing

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice for a eaton. Get a whipple and it would be a different outcome
Yeah probably, was a fun time still no doubt. I dont street race often but when I do it better be worth it and this one was definitely. I also had used toyos in the back without traction bars so I spun a little. He had the top end horsepower for sure after he got it into third gear but my torque matched up with him really well at the start

1 - 3 of 3 Posts