Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Founder
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feature Module Video Player

I dont hear no stinking Supercharger :smt102 And it doesnt look all that fast to me. I dont know maybe the way he says the hood of the prototype was made to fit the SC on the 6.2L tells me the Prototype DOESNT have a SC on it "yet'
But WTF would you take the Prototype to Germany if it doesnt have the engine in it.

Who know but if thats it I'm not impressed and I'd expect more

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
The price tag will be offensive and no dealers will know how to work on it!

Yes the price tag will be offensive but to say that no one at a dealer will know how to fix it is silly. A good tech can fix anything, new or not. When car companies come out with a new platform or motor they dont sit all the techs down for a training session. They give you a manual and say, here you go, fix it. The most I ever saw working for a gm dealer was a promo video about the latest gen abs when I was there. I remember when the northstar came out, that was a "challange" at first but not a big deal at all. And trust me when I tell you that the northstar was far more innovative than this pushrod blower motor.

I didnt think they would sit back and let Ford spank that ass so hard. I love it cause they keep pushing themselves harder. :bigtu

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yes the price tag will be offensive but to say that no one at a dealer will know how to fix it is silly. A good tech can fix anything, new or not. When car companies come out with a new platform or motor they dont sit all the techs down for a training session. They give you a manual and say, here you go, fix it. The most I ever saw working for a gm dealer was a promo video about the latest gen abs when I was there. I remember when the northstar came out, that was a "challange" at first but not a big deal at all. And trust me when I tell you that the northstar was far more innovative than this pushrod blower motor.

I didnt think they would sit back and let Ford spank that ass so hard. I love it cause they keep pushing themselves harder. :bigtu
Yes the techs might fix it but it may not be correct and it will be costly. I have had no confidence in dealer techs. I am sure there are exceptions but I have not had the luxury of finding a dealership that won't try to cornhole ya on a diagnostic and use the process of elimination at your exspense and deny scratching your car if they do...... Maybe you have had better dealings with them.

·
biggest member
4,675 Posts
i dont understand why they're makin the Z faster and better than ss....it was the other way around...buuuut. atleast now there wont be so many damn SLOmaro SS runnin around... haha

·
THE PROPER WAY TO POWDER THAT ASS
7,531 Posts
Yes the techs might fix it but it may not be correct and it will be costly. I have had no confidence in dealer techs. I am sure there are exceptions but I have not had the luxury of finding a dealership that won't try to cornhole ya on a diagnostic and use the process of elimination at your exspense and deny scratching your car if they do...... Maybe you have had better dealings with them.

Well honestly I have never had good experience with a dealer. LOL but I used to be a tech at a dealer. :(

I will say that I lost count of how many times a car would come in on the hook from an independent shop because he told the customer " oh your gonna have to have the dealer fix this, its out of my capabilities, they have special tools". Granted I am fully aware that there are some AMAZING independent guys out there, But I have personally worked with some AMAZING techs at dealers myself. RIDE THE is a dealer tech and I bet he is damned good to. :) I have fuked up plenty as does ANY tech. Honestly I think the guy at the dealer is more apt to admit it cause the dealer has the resourses to just fix it and write it off. An independent shop has to eat the fuk up and many times will make the tech pay for it. Now if you had to pay out of pocket to fix something would you be more apt to admit a mistake?

The problem is that companies get cheap and dont want to pay a master tech $28 an hour when they can pay some kid $15/hr to be a parts changer. I saw it happen at many places. Sucks. But for the most part all the techs that I worked with at the many dealers I worked at were all damned good for the most part. We were the ones that had to figure out the fuk up's that the engineers let slide by. Thats how tsb's and such get created.

Listen I understand that many people have been fuked at the dealer. I know many that have myself. But as an ex dealer tech I take offense when someone says that all the techs cant fix shit. Its just not true and further more the dealer is pretty much the only one that is gonna work on all the brand new shit. Trust me when I tell you that finding gremilins on a brand new car is eleventybillion times harder than finding them on an older car. :bigtu

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
i dont understand why they're makin the Z faster and better than ss....it was the other way around...buuuut. atleast now there wont be so many damn SLOmaro SS runnin around... haha
Because traditional the Z/28 was the faster, better, higherend car than the SS.

Who do you think competed with the Boss 302 in the T/A series back in the 60's/70's?

Many people thought that Chevy putting the SS higher up than the Z/28 was BS. It would be like Ford making a Mustang GT better than a Cobra.

·
Founder
13,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To me the ULTIMATE Camaro will always be ....

With a 302 of course, those little SOB's would run a high 12 low 13 off the showroom floor. With a little work that 350 HP could be pumped up to 450 - 550 no problem.

·
Longest Lasting Fly-by Nighter Ever
22,582 Posts

Who do you think competed with the Boss 302 in the T/A series back in the 60's/70's?

Many people thought that Chevy putting the SS higher up than the Z/28 was BS. It would be like Ford making a Mustang GT better than a Cobra.
glad someone said it....I was going to hah

To me the ULTIMATE Camaro will always be ....

With a 302 of course, those little SOB's would run a high 12 low 13 off the showroom floor. With a little work that 350 HP could be pumped up to 450 - 550 no problem.
werd :bigtu

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,542 Posts

Many people thought that Chevy putting the SS higher up than the Z/28 was BS. It would be like Ford making a Mustang GT better than a GT500.
fixed it for ya

:laughing25

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
fixed it for ya

:laughing25
Well yeah that to. lol.

BTW I went and test drove a 09 GT500 yeasterday.

That thing has an amazing torque curve. It puts the Terminator, and L's lowend power to shame, and what surprised me about that is 2v Mod are traditionally better bottom dwellers than 4v Mods. I mean at ANY point in its RPM range that thing has this humongous surge of torque. At 2,500 RPM's it feels like a Terminator at 3,500 RPM's, atleast as far as talking about the type of torque its putting out.

·
Ford Certified Technician
5,194 Posts
So thats the supposed answer to the GT500....... WEAK!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
So thats the supposed answer to the GT500....... WEAK!
when i hear the word camaro the first word that comes to mind is weak!i think it is funny how the ls guys have been trash talking mod guys for last few years.ford has the ohc design down.chevy guys are still messing with a motor design that is 60 years old.i know the ohc is nothing new either but performance wise to ford it was.the 96 98 gt's were very sad.things got better 99-04 gt,then the terminator,then gt500,know the 5.0 gt,and boss 302.i think it is safe to say that ford has their shit together.when a 5.0 can make 412 hp vs a 6.2 ls motor making 426,a whole 1.2 liters!!!and you cant make but 14 hp?? think we know who is making the most power per cube,and i think we know why they are putting a blower on the camaro:smt042 the new boss numbers are impressive for n/a car! when ford goes forced induction on the 5.0(i have heard blower and turbo not sure which one)the gm engineers are going to be back on the drawing board:laughing25 they might even have to start racing the turbo charged sho.
i cant wait to see more out of that raptor 6.2!! sounds like i need 2 of those 1 in my car and 1 in the truck

p.s i cant wait to see the ls 99 or the ls 144 lmfao. they change a cam or pushrod and its another number up lol

·
Registered
2,414 Posts

LS motors are some bad mofo's. They can make great power, vehicles that use them seem to run very well for the power they make, they have the ability to make big cubes from a physically small, light weight motor, they can be swapped into anything, and they've gotten to be pretty reasonable to mod.

Don't get me wrong I bleed blue, but you do have to give LS motors credit as they are very good.

I do think its funny GM making a Camaro to compete with the Mustang that is so much heavier though, but if its anything like the CTS-V it might surprise us.

I think Ford should replace the 5.4 in the GT500 with a built/boosted/DI 5.0 Coyote motor.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
IM WONDERING WHEN WERE GOING TO GET TO THE FULLY BUILT DAYS WHERE THE POWER THEY ARE ACHIEVING has to call FOR NOTHING ELSE BUT forged!!!:hommer WHERE we will be able to sit in garage and do cam swaps/blower/turbo/head/FUEL system swaps ONLY!

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wow anyone who says that the LS motors are weak obviously has NEVER been around one that has been modded. A simple cam swap and ported heads these things will put out close to 400hp. Not to mention a manual that comes with a 26 spline input shaft already. Gears and a 100 shot on that and you have a 10 sec car for very little money. Oh and that is on the old LS1's a newer 6.2 with a mean cam and a 150 shot whew that would be one fast moving BOAT! lol or BRICK which ever you prefer!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts