Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

After moving out of Manhattan and down to Florida I spent a good amount of time looking for another Lightning in good condition to work on as a project truck. I used to have a black 2001 and always wanted to own another Lightning, but being in Manhattan limited my options of owning a truck.
I interacted with many of you back in the early 2000's when I worked at JDM during the high popularity days of these trucks.

I purchased the truck bone stock with around 58K miles from an older gentleman who I believe was the second owner. Before purchasing had a full compression and leak down test performed at the local Ford dealership to ensure the mechanical condition. I obviously knew what to look for, the computer was stock and still had the coating, trans fluid and oil all checked out.

Unfortunately, the Lightning has not had the same appeal to me as I did in the past. I guess times change... My plan was to turn it into a 9 second truck, but ended up buying a 2019 Corvette ZR1 recently.

The truck has 69,475 miles, located in Fort Lauderdale.
I will add pictures of the interior when I'm back from traveling tomorrow.

MODS (Included):
Obviously, Jim form JDM is the only person I have ever trusted to touch my vehicle, I drove the truck from Florida to NJ to have a chip, filter, shackles, line mod, and pulley put on the truck. For preventive maintenance reasons, I also had him change the coil packs, fuel filter, and Intercooler relay switch.
MODS I will sell separately (but willing to include for the right price):

-Blowerwhore's carbon fiber hood (I had Jim install this so it was perfect)
-Blowerwhore's Sport machines 20inch replica wheels (also widened)
-Purchased the Innnovative hood and had it painted. Between shipping from California to Florida and having it professionally painted, I spent 3K on that alone.

THINGS TO KNOW
-Interior is 8/10. Exterior 8/10 (Cup holder needs to be fixed. Seats are fine but could use new covers (that's about $600 from LMR)
-Front and rear bumper have some nicks and scratches. (Nothing terrible) The rear bumper is probably the worse part of the truck. (easy fix).
-Driver side interior door panel isn't perfect.
-No rust
-No mechanical problems whatsoever.
-I drive this truck from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando every couple of weeks with no issues.
-A/C blows cold.

This isn't a financial decision and I am in no rush to sell. I'm looking to hear all reasonable offers, otherwise I will cover it up and keep it in storage. I just don't see a point of the truck sitting here as I love my ZR1 and would like for someone to enjoy the truck. Looking to get around 25K. (since rules say I have to put a price)

Thank you

·
Registered
535 Posts
Very nice looking truck always loved that hood. Did not see a price though maybe you meant to leave it off but wanted to make sure. GLWS

(Looks like someone asked while I was typing).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, and thanks for responding. I will entertain all reasonable offers, as I really don't have a particular number in mind.
It really depends on if someone is interested with or without mods. I understand this would be a very particular person who would want to own this combination.
Make an offer, I won't get insulted, worse I can say that I need to go a little higher. Hopefully this isn't against the rules of the forum.
My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
535 Posts
I understand that for sure. Forum rules do require a price but you could put a high price and do or best offer. Probably help both ends as most will hurt low ball you if there is no price or think it it too much to even submit an offer.

·
I like your avatar!
665 Posts
You have to list a price, my dude. Forum rules. Absolutely GORGEOUS truck. Wish I could find an SB up here in the NW. I have a silver one and a black one, I would trade my built silver for a stock SB, lol.

·
11 second street truck
10,807 Posts
As stated. Price is required. Even if it's crazy high

Reactions: SIR DUNKO

·
Registered
341 Posts
What bed cover is that?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've never seen you around? I work in Ft lauderdale. I used to live in Ft Lauderdale but now reside in Sunrise.
I was living on Las Olas for about two years and now reside near Tarpon River by the Isles. I really don't drive the truck much and mostly travel for work. Hope to see you around soon.

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Really clean truck. There is a 04 SB with 36K in FT L for sale also.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts