1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
20k no way man sorry lol

·
AKA DADDY SHAGGY
2,466 Posts
Nice truck but in the streets that kbb is pissing is in the wind. And your not getting back money in mods. What I'm really saying is it's going to be hard to sell this on the forum. I assume you put it on Craigslist or something as well

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'd have to agree, kbb values are typically only used by sellers. NADA guide in clean retail says $16,350 for your miles. I think NADA would be closer to an actual private seller offer. From my experience getting value added for mods is a toss up. Generally you don't and in some cases drop your value but I've seen tastefully modded rides fetch extra coin, good luck with your sale either way.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you Are not making an offer then what are you doing? You are lowballing with out even stepping up to the plate.
So, as far as I am concerned you 21 posts don't mean chit to me. If you want to buy it make an offer, otherwise go build up your post count somewhere else.

Everybody seems to be an expert! I am not an expert so I go by Kelly Blue Book for Private Party sales. I price it from there and see what offers I get. But it doesn't help a bit by posting prices way lower than what I am asking. Thanks so much for all the help Whipple I see you have a lot of experience on this site [smilie=bo

Here is the KBB price for a 2004 Lightning with 78,200 miles:

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
Slow your roll bud, my post count has nothing to do with my experience with cars or their preceived value. You know where you can shove your presumptions! Your truck is not worth anywhere near what you're asking and the fact that you quote KBB also brings your lack of knowledge in the market to the forefront. I was politely telling you that you are unrealistic with your price, but since you're a prick you can GFY and enjoy sitting on it. At this point I wouldn't deal with a dickhead seller anyways, good luck with your sale looks like you'll need it with that attitude.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Slow your roll bud, my post count has nothing to do with my experience with cars or their preceived value. You know where you can shove your presumptions! Your truck is not worth anywhere near what you're asking and the fact that you quote KBB also brings your lack of knowledge in the market to the forefront. I was politely telling you that you are unrealistic with your price, but since you're a prick you can GFY and enjoy sitting on it. At this point I wouldn't deal with a dickhead seller anyways, good luck with your sale looks like you'll need it with that attitude.
You need to be banned from this site.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You need to be banned from this site.
For what trying to give you some sound advice in a polite manner? You were the one that got condescending with him first.

Heres your challenge trying to sell a car on a forum. Guys on forums generally are really well versed On what they are shopping for and what the market is for it (car/truck). Everything that's been said is true. My advice to you is to throw it on autotrader where a less educated consumer will be shopping. You'll have a better chance at getting closer to your $20k figure there than here I would think. Maybe even contemplate de modding a bit if you have $10k in it to maximize your return.

Also delete this thread and start over so that you can get rid off all of the unnecessary posts about your pricing strategy and the bickering.

Good luck. It appears to be a nice truck.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I said he needed to be banned for his response with all the name calling. And yet another newbe telling me what to do. I have been around here since 2008 and I have a pretty good idea what my vehicle is worth. If you want to buy it or make an offer then do that. But just coming into a for sale thread and lowballing or bad mouthing is not what this forum is here for. Take that to the proper forum not the for sale forum. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Bottom line is if they don't like your price is to STFU and stay out of your thread. Nice Lightning and someone will buy it. GLWS and I'm not new and been here awhile:cheers

·
Black Sunshine
877 Posts
Nice truck Sir. Ask what you think it's worth. I also was ridiculed at times for my asking price when selling former trucks, But was patient a got what I wanted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts