Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you haven't seen my build, im nearing completion finally after a year and a half!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Looking forward to more pics and information on your build. With the new format not sure i can subscribe but will try and bookmark. Are you use the oem ecu?

·
I paid my buck-o-five
75,544 Posts
ol’ fiddy , still impressing

·
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck
14,528 Posts
Looking forward to more pics and information on your build. With the new format not sure i can subscribe but will try and bookmark. Are you use the oem ecu?
just click the "following" button on the top of the page and it'll show up in your followed thread lists, like subscribed threads did before.

Build looks awesome, love seeing drivetrain swaps to newer stuff!

·
14,528 Posts
just figured out too, if you click on the time of the most recent update, rather than click on the thread title, it takes you to the last post instead of the 1st where you may have to click thru pages to get to the end where you left off in your followed threads list.

Reactions: 49FordLighting

·
14,528 Posts
appears to bring me to the very last, not the last un-read. Still need to poke around more for that, but at least it's better than page 1 every time. Asked AG in their feedback thread.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's the update over the weekend:

And the real exciting news is I got a real test fire on the engine, and was able to warm it up to operating temperature

I was unable to get the cooling fans to come on. Not sure if I didnt get hot enough, or if I've got am issue somewhere....

I got it up to 218 *F on my hand held, which I would have guessed should be hot enough for the fans to kick on

Working last night under the dash, cleaning up the wiring under the dash on the drivers side. More updates soon

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
awesome man keep us posted! You have more patience than me, I can't stand wiring(what little I have done)

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,228 Posts
You can subscribe. Click on the users avatar, and in that block you'll see, down at the bottom left, FOLLOW. It's also where the ignore feature is located.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bump. been a while since i've posted over here..... I got it running and driving in September and quickly found out that my '99 Lightning leafs were shot and not able to hold the power.

She's back apart and getting built axle, 4 link, and watts link under the back end. Stay tuned for further updates

When I was cleaning out my garage I found my 2003 4.6 Throttle body cover, kinda actually looked like it fit when I just set it on the intake manifold

Custom steering shaft

Her first time out on the street in nearly 2.5 years

Exhaust

Discussing rear issues

Pulling bed and building axle

Finishing axle, and going over 4 link and watts link plans

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
and here's the complete build thread if anyone is interested in more than the highlights

1 - 20 of 28 Posts