Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Ford Lightning 57k miles

Las Vegas, NV

I've owned the truck since January of 2013 and it has been an amazing truck. I'm a technician by trade and anyone who knows me knows how meticulous I am with my vehicles. They get driven and serviced like they were meant to. The only existing mod from when I purchased it is the KB, but I've had the engine down to the long block for inspection just after I purchased it and before I began modding it.

Clean CarFax, I am only the third owner and the other two were older gentlmen. Originally purchased in Arizona and then sold to a guy here in Las Vegas. When I first got the truck it was running on an SCT Chip with a custom tune and had the cast manifolds with new catalytic converters installed due to emissions restrictions. The headers and midpipes were included with the sale. I went through the entire truck and did all of the maintenance and preventative mods, installed the vavle body, trans pan, rear diff cover and reinstalled the headers and the high flow catted midpipes. At the same time, the PVC system was deleted, intercooler cleaned and turkey pan mod was done. While the supercharger, intercooler and intake were removed I laid and tucked the MSD harness for the J&S, installed the Innovate wideband, J&S Safeguard, new spark plugs and Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump. All of the wiring is tucked up under dash and everything is hidden in the glove compartment. The truck is now running on a custom JLP tune but has not gotten on the dyno yet.

The battery has been moved to the bed along with a large intercooler reservoir to help deal with the desert heat. In turn the rear license plate has been put on a hinge to accommodate rear battery posts and the cutoff switch to stay legal on a track.

The only thing that I can see the truck needing mechanically is fresh brakes (they're not worn out, just properly used) and visually the aftermarket painted parts need to be redone properly. The next stage of my project was coilovers all the way around, brake upgrade and remove the stripes from the truck. I will be getting a quote on the paint here soon. The desert heat has destroyed the aftermarket clearcoat and the bed cover was added by me, the stripes were added by the original owner. My plan was to go back to factory DSG with no stripes. All of the factory painted components are in great shape and have been taken very good care of.

Asking $20,000

Price is negotiable and the extras do not have to go with the truck

Nothing will be parted out or sold separately until the truck is sold, so please don't ask. Thank you.

Click this link for more photos : 32 new photos by Daniel Libonati

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Motor vehicle

ENGINE:
Stock block
KB 2.3 w/ billet bypass valve and low vacuum actuator
3.25 in. upper pulley and 9 in. Metco lower pulley (15.5 lbs of boost)
Cooling Mist water/meth injection kit with Boost gauge/conroller
Accufab Single Blade TB
SCT BA2400 MAF
JLP sheet metal plenum
JLP Thunder Tube
JLP ram air intake
Longtube headers, 1 5/8 in. primaries - No markings and the originaly reciept (from 2003) just says Lightning tri-y long tube headers. The total cost back then was almost $2k. Kooks carbon composite gaskets and new locking hardware was used when they were reinstaled
high flow cats
Magnaflow cat-back with internal crossover
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
JLT catch cans
Intercooler cleaned and Turkey pan delete done
EGR Delete
Rear O2 Delete
Innovate Wideband O2
J&S safeguard with MSD harness so that there was no splicing besides the knock sensor
Denso IT24 plugs
Afco heat exchanger with dual fans and remote reservior (holds about 5 gallons)
SCT Livewire TS with a custom JLP tune - No dyno time yet
Custom Harley#356 Battery relocation kit and wiring upgrade with battery in the front of the bed and remote terminals and cutoff switch BEHIND the license plate
BBK Valve Covers

TRANSMISSION:
Punisher Street Valve Body
New Filter
B&M Trans pan
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover and fresh fluid

EXTERIOR:
Aftermarket wheels powdercoated black with fresh Hancooks (OEM size)
Good Hood Ram Air Shaker modified to be just a heat extractor
Gaylords Speedsturr tonneau cover
Spray in bed liner

SUSPENSION:
Full Hotchkis suspension kit
JLP traction bars
Bronco Beater rear shock flip kit
Bronco Beater Panhard bar kit
Bronco beater Spyder brace kit
Stifflers driveshaft loop
Clunk washers installed in the front
Spare tire and hitch removed

BRAKES:
Line lock kit installed and operates properly
Power Stop brakes front and rear (only about 10k on them)

INTERIOR:
The only thing needing attention inside are the door handles, they are flaking on the backside of the handle. I planned on replacing them with black handles. Everything else is in amazing shape.
Door panel inserts are wrapped in perforated suede (was planning on making the seats black with perforated suede inserts)
Center console mod
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X996 deck
MTX Thunderform sub box, wrapped in factory gray suede and bolted to the cab so that there is no movement.
MTX component speakers
MTX amp
Livewire TS permanent install

EXTRAS:
Factory 03-04 wheels powdercoated black with NT555 front and M/T ET street DRs (DRs are fesh, never seen pavement)
WELD Draglite wheels slicks and skinnies with Goodyear fronts and Hoosier slicks in the rear. With a full set of lug nuts and center caps (Purchased used in great condition and never used. Will need to be replaced due to age, tread is great.)
Stifflers Front upper and lower control arms NEW never installed. I was in on the original group buy and I think we waited like 3 years for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.