Lightning Rodder banner
141 - 160 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Man photobucket is so annoying. Is there anyway we can get this pics back without having Aaron re upload them?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
Are the pictures not showing up correctly? They look right for me. Let me know what you're looking for, and I could email them to you.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Photobucket got greedy and I think you need to pay now or something. This is what I see. Really just came to look at the list of parts and noticed the photos.

glad to see you’re still lurking around this site.
I'm definitely still around. I'm more active on some of the Facebook groups these days. I've still got the truck, and still have the manual trans. I think I've got about 35,000 miles on the setup now. Still love it as much as when I first swapped. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Maybe one day I'll get around to attaching the photos directly to the posts. Let me know if any specific questions come up that I can help with.

Reactions: GAGT

·
Registered
9 Posts
Selling a t56 magnum shifter made by Tenntechman ,sold truck and put transmission in my stang instead never used pd 400,would like to sell for 200 thanks

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Where you guys able to bolt the trans right up to the factory cross member and what mount did you guys use?

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
Where you guys able to bolt the trans right up to the factory cross member and what mount did you guys use?

I was able to use my factory cross member, but it took an extra offset plate for it to fit. I don't remember what mount I used, but any off the shelf C6 style trans mount will work.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
After 30,000 miles, the Science Friction 6 puck had given me all it had. I swapped in a Centerforce DYAD DS. It's a twin disk. I almost went with Mantic, but ended up getting a good deal on the Centerforce through American Powertrain.

Reactions: Dusten

·
Registered
97 F150 Lariat rcsb 4.6 5 speed 2wd
19 Posts
I know this is an old build thread...but I'm doing my reading and researching..
Read every single word from everyone in here.. now my question is qould you have done anything different now that you have some miles on it? I'm doing a lighting engine swap in my 97 Lariat 2wd 4.6 5 speed. Will be buying the 6 speed as well. Is the 373 gears enough on the highway without bogging the truck down?

·
10 second street truck
11,872 Posts
I know this is an old build thread...but I'm doing my reading and researching..
Read every single word from everyone in here.. now my question is qould you have done anything different now that you have some miles on it? I'm doing a lighting engine swap in my 97 Lariat 2wd 4.6 5 speed. Will be buying the 6 speed as well. Is the 373 gears enough on the highway without bogging the truck down?
That depends on which 6 speed you run. The t56 has different gear ratios. The viper spec will lug in 6th gear

·
Registered
19 Posts
That depends on which 6 speed you run. The t56 has different gear ratios. The viper spec will lug in 6th gear
I figured it out..I need to run the wide ratio tremec with the .5 6th gear. Thanks for the reply though

·
10 second street truck
11,872 Posts
I figured it out..I need to run the wide ratio tremec with the .5 6th gear. Thanks for the reply though
That's not the one I'd run. Unless you're running a really short tire.

Highway speeds will be around 1500-1600 rpm. That's going to lig the motor hard.

I will be running American powertrains close ratio Magnum transmission which comes with a 62 overdrive and will put you about 2,000 RPM on the highway

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I happen to have a brand new built t56 with viper spec 5th and 6th gear for sale if anyone is interested. Ready to ship.

·
Registered
19 Posts
That's not the one I'd run. Unless you're running a really short tire.

Highway speeds will be around 1500-1600 rpm. That's going to lig the motor hard.

I will be running American powertrains close ratio Magnum transmission which comes with a 62 overdrive and will put you about 2,000 RPM on the highway
That's the one I'm going to buy.. close ratio, but I thought it was a .5 or something like that for 6th? I'll be running lighting wheels, stock size. "Maybe" a little bigger in the back.. but nothing to crazy. I'm building it for a daily driver.. not a race truck.

·
10 second street truck
11,872 Posts
That's the one I'm going to buy.. close ratio, but I thought it was a .5 or something like that for 6th? I'll be running lighting wheels, stock size. "Maybe" a little bigger in the back.. but nothing to crazy. I'm building it for a daily driver.. not a race truck.
Close ratio has a .62

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone know the difference in rpms on stock size tires and stock gearing at highway speeds between the.5 and .63 6th gear?
Hell, I might be better off keeping my 5 speed. It will last as long as no hard WOT or clutch dumps or power shifting. I know how to break them or make them last. I'm 49 years old and very rarely will you see me buy anything if it is an automatic. Semi retired from dragracing.I still get the itch. I just race my Harleys when that happens.

·
10 second street truck
11,872 Posts
Anyone know the difference in rpms on stock size tires and stock gearing at highway speeds between the.5 and .63 6th gear?
Hell, I might be better off keeping my 5 speed. It will last as long as no hard WOT or clutch dumps or power shifting. I know how to break them or make them last. I'm 49 years old and very rarely will you see me buy anything if it is an automatic. Semi retired from dragracing.I still get the itch. I just race my Harleys when that happens.

Varies by speed because of ratio but at 70 it's 400 rpm

The .63 is at 1975 and the .5 is at 1575
By 80 it's almost 500

141 - 160 of 161 Posts