Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s the best approach to putting a 2001 Lightning back to stock ride height? I see drop spindles in the front & appears shackles in the rear. Thanks

·
11 second street truck
10,496 Posts
Replace the parts off the truck with oem. You can likely find someone willing to trade plus cash for your parte

·
Dude
2,297 Posts
Pick a part? Junk yard

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
I know the upper and lower control arms from a standard F-150 fit the Lightning. The lowers are just missing the steering stops, since the L has such fat ass front tires. Lightning's are one inch lower than standard F-150s, but is that due to the fat low profile tries, or a different spindle?

·
Member Senior
169 Posts
I know the upper and lower control arms from a standard F-150 fit the Lightning. The lowers are just missing the steering stops, since the L has such fat ass front tires. Lightning's are one inch lower than standard F-150s, but is that due to the fat low profile tries, or a different spindle?
It's lower because of the springs. The spindles are the same as any F150.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
10,148 Posts
It's lower because of the springs. The spindles are the same as any F150.

Yeah. I got to thinkin about it after I turned my computer off for the day, and that was my final thought on the subject. Lower springs. I suppose I read it here a long long time ago. Or NLOC. Don't recall.

Thanks for helping the OP understand.

·
Member Senior
169 Posts
Let me check what I have in the stash.

I found a set of spindles but they were outside and pretty rusty. I think you would be better off getting them in a wrecking yard. Found some stock front springs too if you end up needing some.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a set of spindles but they were outside and pretty rusty. I think you would be better off getting them in a wrecking yard. Found some stock front springs too if you end up needing some.

I would be interested in the springs! Fronts I assume? Year?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts