Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know you have the JC plate. Will you have to modify it for the 12row?
Hey what’s up bro Trick actually told me he designed the 12 row around the JC mid plate and needs no modifications. We will see though!

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How are you going to utilize 2 of these on one truck? Sorry if I'm totally missing something.
I will be storing the second core for when it’s needed. I just hate to be swapping from the stock whipple mid plate and stock IC when I have a leaking IC. My truck for some odd reason loves to eat ICs…

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Are you using reg tap water in it or something that is corroding it from the inside.
I was running regular tap water/ice water through it in the summer and warmer months. For winter, I swap to Prestone 50/50. I was recommended by Trick to ALWAYS run coolant though. Will be doing so for the foreseeable future.

Another side note I'd like to mention is... According to Trick, you must feed the water IN line coming from your heat exchanger to the bigger tank on the core. The smaller tank side is the the return OUT line that goes back to reservoir. I did have that reversed. Maybe an issue? Will now see. But for the record I was never told about this by Trick or anyone else when I purchased my first core years ago.
White Motor vehicle Light Grille Automotive design

· Registered
⚡ Subscribe on YouTube ⚡
88 Posts
Another side note I'd like to mention is... According to Trick, you must feed the water IN line coming from your heat exchanger to the bigger tank on the core. The smaller tank side is the the return OUT line that goes back to reservoir. I did have that reversed. Maybe an issue? Will now see. But for the record I was never told about this by Trick or anyone else when I purchased my first core years ago.
Well, that's weird, I've apparently had mine backwards for years too then. The Tim White pre-made hoses route it opposite. Wonder if I should go through the hassle of switching it now, i've never had any problems, but the hoses only fit one way. Comes in on passenger's side, and out drivers, which appears to be wrong. Hmmmm

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
Well, that's weird, I've apparently had mine backwards for years too then. The Tim White pre-made hoses route it opposite. Wonder if I should go through the hassle of switching it now, i've never had any problems, but the hoses only fit one way. Comes in on passenger's side, and out drivers, which appears to be wrong. Hmmmm
That's because routing doesn't matter on the stock setup.

· Registered
⚡ Subscribe on YouTube ⚡
88 Posts
That's because routing doesn't matter on the stock setup.
I didn't think it did on either setup, but I know now! Learn something new every day lol. I plan on making a video making others aware, and i'll probably talk to Tim, just so he knows too. Ended up going and switching the hoses around, bothered me knowing I had it on there wrong, even though i've never noticed any issues with it that way.

· Registered
2,491 Posts
I was running regular tap water/ice water through it in the summer and warmer months. For winter, I swap to Prestone 50/50. I was recommended by Trick to ALWAYS run coolant though. Will be doing so for the foreseeable future.

Another side note I'd like to mention is... According to Trick, you must feed the water IN line coming from your heat exchanger to the bigger tank on the core. The smaller tank side is the the return OUT line that goes back to reservoir. I did have that reversed. Maybe an issue? Will now see. But for the record I was never told about this by Trick or anyone else when I purchased my first core years ago. View attachment 549404
I’ve always ran distilled water and water wetter in the summer and just add some antifreeze in the “winter” I live in south Ga so it doesn’t take much lol. I’m still running the stock IC. I’ve never heard of flow direction thing. Is it just a Trick IC thing and is it the same for stock the IC? I don’t think I can tell with the stock one if one side is bigger then the other.

· 10 second street truck
13,158 Posts
I’ve always ran distilled water and water wetter in the summer and just add some antifreeze in the “winter” I live in south Ga so it doesn’t take much lol. I’m still running the stock IC. I’ve never heard of flow direction thing. Is it just a Trick IC thing and is it the same for stock the IC? I don’t think I can tell with the stock one if one side is bigger then the other.
It's a trick thing due to the shape of the core.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I didn't think it did on either setup, but I know now! Learn something new every day lol. I plan on making a video making others aware, and i'll probably talk to Tim, just so he knows too. Ended up going and switching the hoses around, bothered me knowing I had it on there wrong, even though i've never noticed any issues with it that way.
Exactly what Dusten said just beat me to it. That's why I mentioned in this post so people can be aware!!

Here's a picture from the core out of it's plastic sheeting/cover. Straight from Rick @ Trick! Awesome dude to deal with.
Hand Liquid Cosmetics Hood Fluid

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I've looked and no way of telling if one side is bigger than the other one stock Inter cooler. I recommend running the hoses how they are from factory on the stock IC.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts