Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the difference, what are the pros and cons.

basically give me the skinny on which is better and why.

i wanna go with a 2/5 drop on my truck.

3" hotchkis leafs with jlp shackles on the medium bolt hole will get me there in the back, which way is better up front?

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
I had 2in springs on my L, loved the stance, wished for a less harsh ride. I put 2in spindles on the HD, love the stance, love the ride. I would do spindles if budget is not a huge issue...

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had 2in springs on my L, loved the stance, wished for a less harsh ride. I put 2in spindles on the HD, love the stance, love the ride. I would do spindles if budget is not a huge issue...
doing things the right way once is always cheaper than doing them the wrong way then starting over.

·
NO RAGRETS!!!
12,119 Posts
Spindles. The only draw back is the slightly decreased turning radius. If you are going with bigger wheels, get the wheels installed first so you do not need to cut down the lower ball joint.

·
Forged Internals, like Roses to Men
1,099 Posts
Drop Spindles will hit the steering stops a little earlier than the stock spindles, but a little grinding will take care of that.

·
The abandoner
3,451 Posts
Drop Spindles will hit the steering stops a little earlier than the stock spindles, but a little grinding will take care of that.
ya just dont grind too much or youll have to tack on new stops...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
1sweetsvt
Lightning Rodder
Join our Lightning Rodder community to discuss the supercharged Ford F150 SVT and Harley Davidson edition pickup.
Full Forum Listing