Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to know if anyone had one forsale i posted a thread in the WTB but i know more people come through here.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help chris but im a broke ass and need used. my motor has a rod laying in the oil pan i believe. i have my kenne bell setup sold and for this new motor build i want a 2.3whipple.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont have the cash to even build a motor but i gotta do something cant let my truck sit forever. the only reason i have the money for a whipple is im selling my 2.3 kenne bell

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts

·
Banned
4,138 Posts

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
keep the KB

why you say that running damn 11.1 on stock block whipple combo. ok here is the deal im the process of selling the kb2.3 kit with plenum/ CAI/ pulleys and tool for $2400 that = whipple money lol/ motor i can borow close to $7500 to do a motor. im just so damn agrevated and confused as hell to what route to take. i dont want to build a motor and whipple it or kb it and run ****ing high 11's. i got one person say buy this and the others saying buy this. WTF do i do lol.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
keep the KB
Brad, I don't get it either. If I was going to replace my 2.3 Kenne Bell it would at least have to be a larger supercharger. Nothing wrong with either superchargers, 2.3 Kenne Bell or 2.3 Whipple. Either 2.3's will get you into the 10.XX club with the right foundation behind it. Just as important as what supercharger you select, you have to have your suspension working to obtain that lower ET.

[smilie=3g-Bob

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well bob thats my thing im not sure the 2.3kb can get me a 10sec pass or lets say i think the whipple would be easier to get there. whipple just seems to perform better

·
Administrator
18,176 Posts
The 2.3 Whipple has been shown to be about 2-3 tenths of a second better than a KB 2.3 with JLP plenum, Same truck. Some 2.3 Whipple numbers I have seen indicate the difference "could" be a bit more.

Jim

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
The 2.3 Whipple has been shown to be about 2-3 tenths of a second better than a KB 2.3 with JLP plenum, Same truck. Some 2.3 Whipple numbers I have seen indicate the difference "could" be a bit more.

Jim
Johnny Lightning thinks other wise.

:bigtu:bigtu-Bob

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
well bob thats my thing im not sure the 2.3kb can get me a 10sec pass or lets say i think the whipple would be easier to get there. whipple just seems to perform better
Fade-2-Black told me he ran a 11.09 on my 2.3 Kenne Bell at 24lbs of boost. On the same motor with the his 3.4 Whipple he ran a 11.05 on 20lbs of boost. I really don't think the 2.3 Whipple would have ran any better for him.

:smt102-Bob

·
Administrator
18,176 Posts
Johnny Lightning thinks other wise.

:bigtu:bigtu-Bob
I like and respect JL. But he sells KB blowers. The KB 2.3 has run 10.5s on a few trucks. The Whipple 2.3 has run 10.2s. Vinnie Telesco did a back to back test on his pristene truck when the Whipple just became available. Years of developement on his KB combo. One week with a borrowed Whipple and he shaved over two tenths. Further tuning of that combo certainly would have been even better. This is not a knock against KB. Their blower had been out for years. Whipple had a target and had to surpass it to gain a foothold. It really is no magic. The Whipple's rear entry design is simply more efficient than the KB.

Make a list of the fastest KB 2.3 trucks. Then compare the times to the fastest Whipple trucks(2.3L only). You will see the Whipples clearly out front at this size. I think you will be seeing a 9 second boost only pass out of a whipple 2.3 soon enough, as well. Give me three track outings to dial it in!

Fade-2-Black told me he ran a 11.09 on my 2.3 Kenne Bell at 24lbs of boost. On the same motor with the his 3.4 Whipple he ran a 11.05 on 20lbs of boost. I really don't think the 2.3 Whipple would have ran any better for him.

:smt102-Bob
If he ran the Whipple(either one) at 24#s of boost, I guarantee he would have run faster, assuming traction was adequate.

Jim

1 - 20 of 77 Posts