Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m going from the baby Whipple to the next step up in the Lightning Whipple supercharger family. My hopes are not high but I know it must perform better than my 2.3 Gen 2.

First off, let me say how great the 2.3 Whipple has been to me! With the right combo, boost, and fuel this little baby is no slouch! I almost hit the 800HP club and did awesome at the track with my elevation (low 11’s and 122 traps). I love the low end torque this baby pumps out! Easy to get out of engine bay (less than 15mins) to change plugs or work in engine bay! Very very nice blower!

Now the WHY. Why the swap? Because I got a good deal and why not? I’m trying to hit the 850HP+ range and run 10’s at my local track. Sure I could have ran a 10 with my 2.3 Whipple setup but I just think I would be better off with a more efficient blower with my elevation to get to where I want to be.

I will be installing ASAP. I’m looking to run 21-23PSI. Will update with Dyno results and TRACK times to follow. Shoutout to bigdogcamwu (Camron) for a great deal and perfect packaging! I will be looking forward to the install and see how far I can push my truck. This truck is mainly STREET DUTY but will get track time for sure.

Carlos
65582DA9-B2FF-4D69-BC42-9B044D7DB830.jpeg

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn’t touch 10s yet with the 2.3?
Nope. The only time I went out to the track with current setup was when I hit a 11.4 @ 122. I only got 2 passes. DA 7600ft. I didn’t 60’ good and I didn’t hook to well. Plus was running on my street tune on lower timing. Couldn’t get any Ignite Ethanol to run my race tune with more timing. If I hooked good, better 60’, and ran my race tune I’m almost 99% sure and so is my tuner I would of clipped a 10.9 @ about 128ish or better.

Truck weight 4600lbs.

·
Registered
342 Posts
So I’m going from the baby Whipple to the next step up in the Lightning Whipple supercharger family. My hopes are not high but I know it must perform better than my 2.3 Gen 2.

First off, let me say how great the 2.3 Whipple has been to me! With the right combo, boost, and fuel this little baby is no slouch! I almost hit the 800HP club and did awesome at the track with my elevation (low 11’s and 122 traps). I love the low end torque this baby pumps out! Easy to get out of engine bay (less than 15mins) to change plugs or work in engine bay! Very very nice blower!

Now the WHY. Why the swap? Because I got a good deal and why not? I’m trying to hit the 850HP+ range and run 10’s at my local track. Sure I could have ran a 10 with my 2.3 Whipple setup but I just think I would be better off with a more efficient blower with my elevation to get to where I want to be.

I will be installing ASAP. I’m looking to run 21-23PSI. Will update with Dyno results and TRACK times to follow. Shoutout to bigdogcamwu (Camron) for a great deal and perfect packaging! I will be looking forward to the install and see how far I can push my truck. This truck is mainly STREET DUTY but will get track time for sure.

Carlos
View attachment 536137
I hope the 2.9 gets you what you are looking for and makes plenty of power. Looking forward to seeing the results! Glad someone can put it to good use. (y) (y)

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope the 2.9 gets you what you are looking for and makes plenty of power. Looking forward to seeing the results! Glad someone can put it to good use. (y) (y)
Thanks Camron! I will definitely be putting it to good use and hard work! 👍

·
Registered
342 Posts

·
BagsR4groceries eBay built
9,452 Posts

·
11 second street truck
10,015 Posts
1 - 20 of 66 Posts