Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Senior Master FoMoCo Tech
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to have one gauge to monitor both sensors at the same time. Any suggestions?

Also, I want one that lets me just tap into the existing sensors instead of using sensors that are supplied with the gauge.

I’ve seen the GlowShift option. Seems very attractively priced but I’m weary of the quality of the gauge. Anyone have input here?

Thanks in advance.

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I saw these and like them a lot. However, I already have an SCT X4 in my windshield plugged into the OBD-II port so it wouldn’t play nice having two devices pulling data from the network. If I leave my X4 plugged in and then try to plug in my Rotunda VCM-II, the X4, VCM, and the truck itself all completely shit themselves electronically. It nearly made me shit myself the first time I tried it lol.

Looking for a gauge I can wire directly to both sensor circuits at the input to the PCM at the PCM connector.
I've seen these and really like them. However, I already have an SCT X4 plugged into the OBD-II port so I can't have this as well. I use the X4 to monitor IATV_2, plus IAT in Fahrenheit and other PIDs, at the moment, but it will only display the post-intercooler sensor reading in Volts and won't convert it to Fahrenheit.

I'm looking for a gauge that I can tap directly into the two sensor circuits, but that won't break the bank.

·
Registered
165 Posts
you might not find something in the smaller 2 1/16 size
idono what size this is..

lots of ways to go though

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I saw these and like them a lot. However, I already have an SCT X4 in my windshield plugged into the OBD-II port so it wouldn’t play nice having two devices pulling data from the network. If I leave my X4 plugged in and then try to plug in my Rotunda VCM-II, the X4, VCM, and the truck itself all completely shit themselves electronically. It nearly made me shit myself the first time I tried it lol.

Looking for a gauge I can wire directly to both sensor circuits at the input to the PCM at the PCM connector.
I've seen these and really like them. However, I already have an SCT X4 plugged into the OBD-II port so I can't have this as well. I use the X4 to monitor IATV_2, plus IAT in Fahrenheit and other PIDs, at the moment, but it will only display the post-intercooler sensor reading in Volts and won't convert it to Fahrenheit.

I'm looking for a gauge that I can tap directly into the two sensor circuits, but that won't break the bank.
you might not find something in the smaller 2 1/16 size
idono what size this is..

lots of ways to go though
That's exhaust temperature. I'm looking for intake air temperature. LOL if my intake temperatures ever registered on that gauge the supercharger would likely be a pile of molten metal in the engine valley. Thanks for the input though.

No one else has any input here? Given the fact that IATs are so important on our trucks I assumed I'd have all kinds of input here. Or does everyone use the Aeroforce?

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,872 Posts
No one else has any input here? Given the fact that IATs are so important on our trucks I assumed I'd have all kinds of input here. Or does everyone use the Aeroforce?
The majority of people use the aeroforce interceptor or sct handheld. I dont like the idea that i cant use my SCT handheld and the interceptor at the same time. However, i am datalogging when my sct handheld is hooked up so the interceptor isnt relevant at the time. There's nothing critical that i need to know at the moment besides engine temp. The truck's odometer diagnostic thing can tell me that if I was worried. The reason i got the interceptor was so i didnt have to have an sct xcal hooked up to see things like that.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info about the interceptor, going to look into getting one and a wideband 02 kit from them. I like the a pillar 3 pod gauge but no idea what I would actually put in all of them. Already have the one on the steering wheel for boost, be nice for one gauge to monitor everything and display 2 of my choosing.

·
Former Rowing Team.
04 Lightning
11,872 Posts
Thanks for the info about the interceptor, going to look into getting one and a wideband 02 kit from them. I like the a pillar 3 pod gauge but no idea what I would actually put in all of them. Already have the one on the steering wheel for boost, be nice for one gauge to monitor everything and display 2 of my choosing.
I forgot the exact reasons i didnt go that route with widebands. i think it was because the sensors you hook up to the interceptor for example, oil pressure arent reliable.

I had two individual wide bands and an interceptor in my triple pillar set up. I enjoyed it but i run a george purcell cluster pod now and it's much better for me. It's easier to see the gauges and i retain my driver side handle. I hated how flimsy the pillar pods are. But some love it. Good luck on your choice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I forgot the exact reasons i didnt go that route with widebands. i think it was because the sensors you hook up to the interceptor for example, oil pressure arent reliable.

I had two individual wide bands and an interceptor in my triple pillar set up. I enjoyed it but i run a george purcell cluster pod now and it's much better for me. It's easier to see the gauges and i retain my driver side handle. I hated how flimsy the pillar pods are. But some love it. Good luck on your choice.
Wow that is a beautiful gauge cluster, thank you for that info. I like that better than the A pillar one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts