Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was my trucks first time at the dyno.
My power mods are Ported blower,6#,SBTB,C&L plenum and pipe,JLP intake,Metco idlers and Bassani CB.

After the tuning and getting my A/F to 12 the #s are 399/483(SAE). The temp was 78F and the humidity was 29%.

Hmmmm,time for more modding. :LOL :cheers:

Thanks again Josh for taking a ride and videotaping :cheers:
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,552 Posts
Who tuned it, and with what type of tuning equip?
With a 6# lower and AF as lean as 12/1 your power seems a bit lower than others Ive seen.
Mustang Dyno by any chance?
Jim
 

·
A.K.A. SneakerWhore
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
I think ur dirty air filter and ur heavy ass 20s played a role in the numbers bein lower than typical :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ct.TOPGUN said:
Who tuned it, and with what type of tuning equip?
With a 6# lower and AF as lean as 12/1 your power seems a bit lower than others Ive seen.
Mustang Dyno by any chance?
Jim
Hi Jim,
I misread the graph it was an A/F of 11.8. It was a Dynojet and Sal tuned it.
I knew I should be making more....maybe it's just the truck??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blown5Pnt4 said:
I think ur dirty air filter and ur heavy ass 20s played a role in the numbers bein lower than typical :shock:
It makes sense...but my filter isn't that bad.... :smt017
even if my filter was that bad...would it really make that big of a diffrence?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bglanden said:
struck2001,
Do you have any track result's yet? I put more faith in them than dyno result's.
Just my 2 cent's.
Bryan
No track time yet...I'm trying to get trac. bars,DS loop and slicks ...then hit the track.
I see where you're comming from though...I'm thinking about going back and redynoing....I know these #s aren't right and it's driving me crazy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
246 Posts
struck2001 said:
bglanden said:
struck2001,
Do you have any track result's yet?  I put more faith in them than dyno result's.
Just my 2 cent's.
Bryan
No track time yet...I'm trying to get trac. bars,DS loop and slicks ...then hit the track.
I see where you're comming from though...I'm thinking about going back and redynoing....I know these #s aren't right and it's driving me crazy.
Best of luck!! :smt023
Bryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well,I think my 20s are hurting me. They are heavy...Foose spank 5s in 295/40/20...
I'm going to put the stockers on and see what I get.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
749 Posts
struck,  those numbers actually sound pretty good.. i was told these trucks have a loss of about and around 60 horse power at the wheels... when you get some track time look into this and calculate your numbers,  http://www.aspracing.com/dyno.htm
 i would look into getting long tube headers and unleash some more horse power, when you boost these trucks especially with the addition of a 6# pulley, its alot of restriction building up in those stock manifolds, these trucks and any supercharged or turbo vehicles need to breathe... i was told if i put a 4# on my "L" i wouldnt need the headers, but 6# or more you need the headers or you increase the risk of blowing these trucks up alot faster...by the way, did you see my truck??? let me know what was going on over there.. thanks and good luck to building more power, too much power is never enough!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Rich,
Thanks,I was concerned because Alot of trucks see better with the same mods including the loss between the crank and the rear wheels. I did have reservations about the 6#...I'm seeing 14# of boost...I should open the exhaust up a little more. I saw your truck there,nice L,I like the hood. LOL,great sticker too [smilie=laugh.gif] I diddn't look under the hood,it was closed. Are you gonna have Sal dyno it afterwards? I'm curious myself to see what the stage 2 cams do for you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
749 Posts
yea he is dyno tuning it to its best possible and yes also doing a read out for me too.. i dynoed my truck last year it was 97 degrees humidity was high and i noticed they did not use the fan so it was pulling dead air. i read out 390 and 480 so i was unhappy thos numbers were not accurate so i will let you know what i turn out when it is all said and done with Sal..
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,857 Posts
SUP LOONY BRO [smilie=wavey.gif]
400/500 is pretty dam good, makes one hell of a street truck
(Prob Blow Josh away, ah ha ha ha )

CONGRATS :cheers:
However I would have to agree the numbers seem off by @ 25 HP
Come to think about it mine is off @ 25HP too :smt017

HEY I KNOW, MAYBE SAL's DYNO IS OFF [smilie=fingersx.gif]
 

·
Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Joined
·
5,887 Posts
I don't think those numbers are to bad, after all it was almost 80 degrees and you had 20 inch wheels
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
18,552 Posts
The temps are corrected with the sae numbers, not sure how much affect the wheel/tire combo has.
A 6# lower is not excessive for a short pull even without headers. I ran 6# lower and sometimes even a 2.76 upper on my stock Eaton and did not see excessive IAT2 temps until deep into a run. Headers although beneficial are not necessary.
I only commented because I think the #s are a bit low and there may be something holding it back. At AF ratio of 11.8 instead of the first stated 12 show a somewhat conservative tune(good idea) and the #s are more in line than I first thought.
If Sal thought nothing wrong with the results there probably is no cause for concern.
Get the rest done and take it to the track. Get results and record weather conditions. That will tell for sure.
Good luck with your ride,
Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ct.TOPGUN said:
The temps are corrected with the sae numbers, not sure how much affect the wheel/tire combo has.
A 6# lower is not excessive for a short pull even without headers. I ran 6# lower and sometimes even a 2.76 upper on my stock Eaton and did not see excessive IAT2 temps until deep into a run. Headers although beneficial are not necessary.
I only commented because I think the #s are a bit low and there may be something holding it back. At AF ratio of 11.8 instead of the first stated 12 show a somewhat conservative tune(good idea) and the #s are more in line than I first thought.
If Sal thought nothing wrong with the results there probably is no cause for concern.
Get the rest done and take it to the track. Get results and record weather conditions. That will tell for sure.
Good luck with your ride,
Jim
I hear ya Jim,
I have 100% faith in Sal,It really is bothering me though....(my numbers)I don't mind a conservative tune,better safe than sorry, I'll prep my L for the track and get some seat time(God knows I'll need it,lol) and see what she does.
Thanks Bro,
Bryan :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hostile03SVT said:
yea he is dyno tuning it to its best possible and yes also doing a read out for me too.. i dynoed my truck last year it was 97 degrees humidity was high and i noticed they did not use the fan so it was pulling dead air. i read out 390 and 480 so i was unhappy thos numbers were not accurate so i will let you know what i turn out when it is all said and done with Sal..
Please keep me updated Rich....I want stage 2 cams too but hopefully on a built block :LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rob_02Lightning said:
SUP LOONY BRO [smilie=wavey.gif]
400/500 is pretty dam good, makes one hell of a street truck
(Prob Blow Josh away, ah ha ha ha )

CONGRATS :cheers:
However I would have to agree the numbers seem off by @ 25 HP
Come to think about it mine is off @ 25HP too :smt017

HEY I KNOW, MAYBE SAL's DYNO IS OFF [smilie=fingersx.gif]

[smilie=laugh.gif] :D Whats up bro. I think I'm gonna swap my 20s with Josh's stockers and see if that makes a
diffrence..hopefully it does. I know my L should be making more. LOL,hopefully Sal's dyno is off! :LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thunder Bolt said:
I don't think those numbers are to bad, after all it was almost 80 degrees and you had 20 inch wheels
LOL,that's what I keep telling myself...it helps keep me sane, [smilie=fingersx.gif]
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top