Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
9,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
9,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robert, you should buy it.
Nope. Defeats the purpose my Ranger has. I keep mine because Mother Nature has already taken care of it. I keep it for driving when she is pitching a bitch. Like the next several days. My Lightning and the new-to-me 07 Mustang wil be resting comfortably in garages. That Ranger would just end up being another garage queen. My Lightning serves that purpose quite well, thank you very much. Besides, look at that engine compartment. Wouldn't be able to do much of anything in there. Guy must've had a pretty large shoe horn to get all that in there. And it would have the same problem the Lightning Bolt Ford built had. Way too much weight on the front, hardly any on the back. It would be worse to drive than any Lightning.

·
AntiSocial
693 Posts
Sorry, I don't see $18k there. Doesn't matter what he's done to it, its still a 30 year old Ranger, of which millions were built. $7500 would be an extremely generous offer. @smackdownLightning would probably not even go half that (besides the fact that he can't drive stick).

·
9,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am certain the seller knows it. But, you know how it works. Put it up for some outrageous amount no one will pay. There's always that one special SAP, that may just jump on it.

·
Hey, member the Lightning? I member
140 Posts
Sorry, I don't see $18k there. Doesn't matter what he's done to it, its still a 30 year old Ranger, of which millions were built. $7500 would be an extremely generous offer. @smackdownLightning would probably not even go half that (besides the fact that he can't drive stick).
That thing is hideous and way too old, I wouldn't even make an offer on it.

·
9,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If you're referring to the very last picture, with the ugly bodywork and paint, that's what it used to look like. That stuff is all gone and it's just mostly plain old black Ranger. Not too long ago, was at a local car show. A black Ranger came in to the parking lot, rumbling and shaking the ground. I was amazed. Was a built 5.0, no blower though. I asked him how the traction was, his reply "What traction?" LMAO!

Ford found that out with the Lightning Bolt, a Ranger with a Lightning motor and driveline. They said in one Hot Rod article I still have, the front/rear weight bias was hideous. And that was with the motor mounted as low and as far back as they could get it, battery in the back.

·
11 second street truck
10,175 Posts
Sold for 15k

·
9,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's more than I thought it would go for. Wow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts