Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Slower than Jim
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of 60 ft are you guys getting with the 16s? I ran almost identical 60ft times last night with the hoosier and my everyday 18 inch et streets. Given the Hoosiers are old but, I wanna know if it is worth buying another set. Funny thing is the truck ran the same ET to the thousandth on each pass..

·
Slower than Jim
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If that is the case, I will just keep the radials on it. I can get into the 1.5X with the 18s on it.

·
10 Second Club!!!
5,573 Posts
what DRs are you running? you must have good suspension also. i screwed my rims to the tire and then started spinning cutting 1.7s. i bought the rims and tires used so i have no clue how old the tires are

·
Slower than Jim
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Get some bogarts and buy some real DR's
I would assume you are talking about 315/60/15...It better 60ft low 1.4x with them on there as we have been in the 1.2x with them on the mustang! I think that is the way I am gonna go. But the 18s are hooking for such short sidewall.

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
I would assume you are talking about 315/60/15...It better 60ft low 1.4x with them on there as we have been in the 1.2x with them on the mustang! I think that is the way I am gonna go. But the 18s are hooking for such short sidewall.
Yes thats the tire. I have cut a 1.47 so far on those and I know of one guy with a Gen 2 Lightning who has cut a 1.28 on the same tire.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Yes thats the tire. I have cut a 1.47 so far on those and I know of one guy with a Gen 2 Lightning who has cut a 1.28 on the same tire.

can the 315/45/16 perform anywhere near these 60ft times? I am in the market for a new set of track shoes and do not want nor have the $ to go 15's

·
Registered
812 Posts
1.609 and 1.62 on 4 year old hand me down hoosiers in 40 deg weather at island dragway sway bar off thats it.

·
Mr. Crossfire
16,162 Posts
1.57s on my stock combo, shake down passes on the new build 1.50. Since sold the old rear setup for 15' bogarts which is needed for my goals

·
YOLO
14,227 Posts
can the 315/45/16 perform anywhere near these 60ft times? I am in the market for a new set of track shoes and do not want nor have the $ to go 15's
Thats not the same style M/T that I have and I dont know if one style is more aggressive than the other just because of the tread pattern. According to their site its the same rubber compound though. I will say I think they are a little short for your needs though.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Thats not the same style M/T that I have and I dont know if one style is more aggressive than the other just because of the tread pattern. According to their site its the same rubber compound though. I will say I think they are a little short for your needs though.
ya 27" is rather short is there a 28" with a larger foot print than 10.5

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.