Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know off-hand what color the 12v constant radio wire is? Im still having a short blow the fuse and can't figure out which one it is.. im sure i'd be able to find it if i could get the damn radio out of the dash!!!!!! :smt013: i've never had this much trouble with pulling a stock radio..

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
I've pulled mine like a hundred times, IT IS A MF
You have the tool I assume ???

Just in case

To make the removal tool, locate an uncoated wire coat hanger. Cut it into two lengths about eight to 10 inches in length. Bend them into a U shape about 1.5" wide. These are the only tools necessary to remove the radio.

If you do not have the wire hanger or a way of cutting them, or if you have time and money to burn, the tools can be purchased. Go to an automotive store that sells audio wiring harnesses and installation kits. Most of them should also sell the removal tool

If I can find some old post on F-150, I know the Power line, I cut mine and re routed it
give me a minute

Here, this MIGHT ???? Help

Originally posted by Rob_02Lightning I cut the Yellow (constant power) and the Blue (keyed Power) out of the T Harness. I taped off the Yellow + Blue going back to the Radio (be careful, Yellow is constant power) Ya I hit metal and found out the hard way. Then I ran the Yellow and Blue from the subwoofer half of the T Harness into the fuse box, and somehow got them hooked up (not fun). Of course the Yellow needs to be a fuse that is always power (constant) and the Blue stripped wire needs to be powered only when key is on.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that picture helps immensely on getting it removed.. i dont have time tonight but i will DEFINITELY try again tomorrow.. thanks rob

·
Premium Member
13,857 Posts
No Prob Bro

Remember you have to do both sides AT THE SAME TIME ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha yea.. i made my original pullers too short.. i can tell by the pic on the right i didnt have enough clearance..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts