Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How strong are the Pistons and connecting Rods out of the 05-06 GT superchar engine? Will those internals fit our blocks?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
A buddy of mine made 1120 rwhp on stock internals with a twin turbo set up.

Yes they will fit I'm using his stock rods and they com with ARP bolts already

·
Registered
21 Posts

·
Even Then I Was Old Skool!
10,411 Posts
How strong are the Pistons and connecting Rods out of the 05-06 GT superchar engine? Will those internals fit our blocks?
If you're typing too fast and meant "Ford GT Supercar Engine" your talking about beastly components. If you meant the Ford Mustang GT motor... thats a different animal, and those production rods aren't much better than ours. Unless you're getting them for free I would not use those rods on a built, supercharged or turbo 5.4L engine thats going to get some heavy pressure on the gas pedal LOL.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Ford GT supercar used Manley 4340 Rods with tappered ends similar to the 5.8L shelby rods. Also like the 5.8L they received Mahle forged pistons. Ive seen these components support 1400+HP.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ford GT supercar used Manley 4340 Rods with tappered ends similar to the 5.8L shelby rods. Also like the 5.8L they received Mahle forged pistons. Ive seen these components support 1400+HP.
Good to hear. I was indeed talking about a ford GT not a mustang GT

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts
how similar/different are the mahle FGT OEM pistons to the Mahle Powerpak pistons they sell as aftermarket parts?

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
how similar/different are the mahle FGT OEM pistons to the Mahle Powerpak pistons they sell as aftermarket parts?
I believe they are the Powerpak pistons but not totally sure on the dimension specs. If we had one to measure I could find out. Ford Racing uses a similar Mahle piston in the Cobra Jets and Ford Racing 5.4L Shortblocks. They're very good for applications most of us are building.

JimIII

·
Likes the corn brew
5,338 Posts
I believe they are the Powerpak pistons but not totally sure on the dimension specs. If we had one to measure I could find out. Ford Racing uses a similar Mahle piston in the Cobra Jets and Ford Racing 5.4L Shortblocks. They're very good for applications most of us are building.

JimIII
No concerns that they are 4032 alloy instead of the 2618 most builds use?

Trying to figure out what to go with in my expy, goals are 500-600 rwhp with a 2.3 whipple.

·
Panty Dropper
5,911 Posts
If you're typing too fast and meant "Ford GT Supercar Engine" your talking about beastly components. If you meant the Ford Mustang GT motor... thats a different animal, and those production rods aren't much better than ours. Unless you're getting them for free I would not use those rods on a built, supercharged or turbo 5.4L engine thats going to get some heavy pressure on the gas pedal LOL.
The year speaks for itself.. I don't know of any mustang gt's with 5.4, and there wasn't a GT500 either.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts