Lightning Rodder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a water pump i went through all the posts i cant get a part number for the 03 04 oem water pump. I called the dealer and its discontinued but it still might be available through 3 rd party oem dealer. I would get the navi pump but i dont want an electric fan and i cant find any mad mikes adaptor for sale, so the navi pump is out of the question. is my stock pump the same as the 03 - 04 lightning (i think mine is also discontinued). i have a 03 hd. i think my local machine shop can duplicate mad mikes if some has an extra one

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
I have one for sale 631-559-9137

·
Registered
56 Posts
water pump question

just my humble .02 but why are you not wanting an electric fan? the benefits are many.I just installed the 05 navi aluminum pump on my 03 L which has the exact same impeller as the stock pump(same flow).I used a crown vic electric fan mounted just to the inside of the stock fan shroud so it pulls air from the entire radiator and you wouldn't even notice it unless you knew it was there.i used a hayden 4670(I think?) adjustable thermostatic fan control designed to run two fans with an ac clutch wire.i used the opportunity to blow out my radiator and condenser with compressed air and one of those dryer vent brushes to dislodge dirt/blow out/repeat.water wetter.prestone.distilled water and new 180 stat to finish off.been through some of the hottest days here in so cal with no problems.the biggest plus though is how smooth the engine runs and how nice it is at freeway speed(79mph one click below highway patrol ticket threshold).I noticed a 2mpg bump as well.i am not a fan however of the dual fan kits I see for sale and prefer my way cause I am strange.just a thought.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i had an electric fan and navi pump, it went bad and mad mike (good guy) sent me an updated cables free of charge. but it had already blown my head gasket and poeple that have run them longer then i did are constantly replacing parts on them (it doesn t matter what efan kit you have). i want a low maintenance truck. for the gains it might have its not worth to me. some things are just meant to run simple. i would like to have the navi pump but no one wants to give up the mad mike adaptor. thats the only problem i ve ever had. i have 250k on my truck the only gauge i ever really paid attention to, is the gas gauge. im doing an overhaul on the whole truck now thanks to everyones pic threads Lol. the thing i needed was a motor n that turned into built tranny, replacing all oem parts (which were working perfectly fine), bending all new copper brake lines, relocating abs module, deleting everything that i dont need, tce 16 n 15 big brake upgrade kit and everything else. i m taking pics of everything and posting them all at once. hows that for an answer lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts