Lightning Rodder banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

worlds fastest MP lightning
Discussion Starter #1
馃弫The Silver Assassin馃弫 getting ready for 馃嚭馃嚫2020 馃嚭馃嚫 This racing season should be very exciting because of all the heavy hitters out there 馃弫
the Sliver Assassin 馃弫 will be down to it鈥檚 fighting wt like never before, and looking to make its (7th) straight year in a row in going faster than the year before 馃弫
Lets see if we can put some fun back into 馃嚭馃嚫LightningRodder馃弫 the first one to guess what her new wt will be will win a free T-shirt 馃弫& sticker馃弫
Her wt now is 3,699 lbs馃弫 this is how see sits right now * A/C* heater*TV screen radio * Speakers* Front bumper support* Air Bags* Cab rug*and All real glass* maybe this will help with your guess 馃 and you can be sure her new wt would be accurate and on the money馃弫as I have an awesome set of scales 馃弫 you can ask 馃嚭馃嚫Dude and Big Jeff馃嚭馃嚫 about that 馃弫As for how much faster she will go, *馃弫AND SHE WILL馃弫*that will be for another day.
馃嚭馃嚫wishing you all the best of luck馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
I'll go with 3,574lb.

Registered
1 dollar bob! Lol cldnt resist. Lol. I say 3555

local painter
3486 pounds 馃嵒

Discussion Starter #12
馃弫Dude馃弫 I guess you don鈥檛 want to win that shirt 馃It better be more than 137 Lbs 馃if I want to keep you in my rear view mirror馃弫 not to mention the other heavy Weight 馃弫Lightning鈥檚 馃弫 that will be coming out this season 馃弫馃弫 cant wait to put the truck on the scales馃嚭馃嚫 hopefully you won鈥檛 win the shirt 馃きLOL馃グ

Discussion Starter #15
My man Fred 鉂 llooking forward in seeing you this racing season, please give 鉂haron鉂 My best *
my truck should be going to the shop real soon馃弫馃嚭馃嚫馃弫 have a great weekend 馃嚭馃嚫馃弫

Administrator
Well, it depends on how far you are willing to go. How many creature comfort things you are willing to remove. I remember years ago you were against stripping weight. Physics tells us that removing(and re-distributing) weight is very valuable to making the truck work and run fast. I am looking forward to seeing the results!

Jim

Discussion Starter #17
My man Big Jim* how are you doing coach鈿 i really didn鈥檛 want to go this route but I鈥檓 trying to Protect the silver assassins title 馃弫 boost only 2.3 Whipple record 馃弫 i am trying to level the playing Field, if it was not for the 5.8 Big Bore Lightnings that are coming after this record there would have been no need for me to do this
And to Answer your question 馃I Want to go as fast as possible without hurting the motor 馃弫 not so common these days馃弫is their more in this little 2.3 Whipple 馃 I am saying (YES) Even though she is running 19 degrees of timing and going 3/4 down the track at 27 Lbs of boost and still pulling hard Through the traps at 30 lbs
the air fuel is at 10.3*10.6 馃弫 Plenty of fuel to accommodate this power馃弫 maybe other tuners will lean it out a bit, but not us, 馃弫JDM馃弫 SR & JR 馃弫 all on the same page, the tune is 馃挴 on point 馃弫and will not be touched, so going lighter is the safest way possible馃嚭馃嚫 How much faster will she go, we soon will find out 馃弫
hopefully she Will improve on her 60 foot times, as of now her best 60 ft is a (1.316) 馃弫 as I said time and time again we are a team 馃嚭馃嚫 my only job is to get the truck to get the best 60 ft possible and she will do the rest ,it鈥檚 that Simple馃弫 I still believe with our trucks anyway, that more power is not always the answer,
to me it鈥檚 all about a Perfect combination, And I emphasize perfect, too much power with our trucks can compromise the 60 fts* don鈥檛 forget my suspension is nothing special, I have leaf springs and 18 way single AJustable QA1s shocks馃嚭馃嚫(THATS IT) 馃嚭馃嚫and I have been told 6 years ago my shock settings and suspension setup would not work on all my trucks in the same way 馃WRONG馃き my System works on all (3) of my lightning trucks 馃弫馃弫馃弫 at 3 Different levels馃弫馃弫馃弫
馃弫And as for me going to the (2.9) 馃嚭馃嚫 That鈥檚 up to MR. Whipple himself馃嚭馃嚫
In the meantime it鈥檚 going to be fun trying to keep that 2.3 Whipple record out of reach 馃弫
馃弫PS馃弫, I have been asked what do i think about the. (2.9) 馃弫my answer is this ,I think it鈥檚 a great blower,if you are looking to go with the 2.3 or the 2.9 馃弫I definitely would go with the 2.9馃弫 But if you already have the (2.3) maybe you should call me 馃 Hey that rhymes馃弫
馃弫In Closing,as you know this to be true JIM, All I learned about these trucks is from馃弫 secretariat馃弫

Premium Member
My man Fred 鉂 llooking forward in seeing you this racing season, please give 鉂haron鉂 My best *
my truck should be going to the shop real soon馃弫馃嚭馃嚫馃弫 have a great weekend 馃嚭馃嚫馃弫
Yeah buddy , can鈥檛 wait till spring! Hope to see you guys soon! Thank you for your friendship! Sharon says hello! I will guess 3490

1 - 20 of 46 Posts