I got sick of clearing out these two codes, so finally decided to go through with this. I cleaned the I/C around 100k and installed a LFP oil separator. Currently at 183k, some residue, but no pool of oil. The hose was about 3/4 split at the bottom and torn off with ease.
All together, it took around 3 hours R&R. I tried getting a ladder and getting in the engine bay, but no luck on getting leverage to budge the elbow. I finally took another idea I saw in this thread and tapped a T55 into the opening. After stacking up some extensions and three tries, I finally hammered it in enough to turn it.
I popped P0403 right away (EGR), so rechecked hoses and tightened everything up. Now 35 miles in, no codes so far. I forgot how different it sounds without that massive vacuum leak.