Custom hood by Ken. - Page 14 - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
 226Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #196 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 12:54 PM
local painter
 
Leeproctor83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Poplar bluff MO
Posts: 2,008
Rep Power: 28925288
           
Garage
FWIW Iíll be going to another paint school in SoCal the 1st week in May if anyone from the ďbrotherhoodĒ wants to have a cold one.
Leeproctor83 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #197 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
 
cbxer55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 8,713
Rep Power: 71583175
           
Rain the next two weekends. Pretty high chances according to The Weather Channel online. I mean, if I want that hood, looks like the only way I'm getting it is to do the U-Haul method. Rent U-Haul van, fill with moving pads, and come fetch the hood. Waiting for things to slow down at work so my boss will be more open to me taking some time off. Hopefully that doesn't coincide with your going to commiefornia.

1998 Ford Ranger Sport
2004 Oxford White Lightning
2006 Suzuki M109R (VZR1800)
2008 Suzuki GSX-1300 B-King
cbxer55 is offline  
post #198 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 11:41 AM
local painter
 
Leeproctor83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Poplar bluff MO
Posts: 2,008
Rep Power: 28925288
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
Rain the next two weekends. Pretty high chances according to The Weather Channel online. I mean, if I want that hood, looks like the only way I'm getting it is to do the U-Haul method. Rent U-Haul van, fill with moving pads, and come fetch the hood. Waiting for things to slow down at work so my boss will be more open to me taking some time off. Hopefully that doesn't coincide with your going to commiefornia.
Ya I canít get out of going to that class. Just let me know when your ready and Iíll line up my schedule to make it work.
Leeproctor83 is online now  
 
post #199 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 01:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 327
Rep Power: 2386161
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeproctor83 View Post
FWIW Iíll be going to another paint school in SoCal the 1st week in May if anyone from the ďbrotherhoodĒ wants to have a cold one.
Was reading through this and saw your post about coming to SoCal, where by?? Im in SoCal as well and always up to meet a fellow Lightning owner
LazyDriver is online now  
post #200 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:01 PM
local painter
 
Leeproctor83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Poplar bluff MO
Posts: 2,008
Rep Power: 28925288
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDriver View Post
Was reading through this and saw your post about coming to SoCal, where by?? Im in SoCal as well and always up to meet a fellow Lightning owner
Itíll be in Orange CA.
Leeproctor83 is online now  
post #201 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 327
Rep Power: 2386161
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeproctor83 View Post
Itíll be in Orange CA.
Not too far off from me, I'd be up to grab a cold one if time permits
LazyDriver is online now  
post #202 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:16 PM
local painter
 
Leeproctor83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Poplar bluff MO
Posts: 2,008
Rep Power: 28925288
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDriver View Post
Not too far off from me, I'd be up to grab a cold one if time permits
Good deal
Text me while Iím there. 573-300-0866
Hereís the address where Iíll be. Class the 1st 2 days is until 430pm and the last day Iíll be unavailable
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C77F5D62-6992-4D61-BC9B-6AF51F89FA87.jpeg (254.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpeg 64C4DEEA-6993-476D-A053-CD53B852E4EE.jpeg (45.2 KB, 74 views)
Leeproctor83 is online now  
post #203 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: California
Posts: 327
Rep Power: 2386161
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeproctor83 View Post
Good deal
Text me while Iím there. 573-300-0866
Hereís the address where Iíll be. Class the 1st 2 days is until 430pm and the last day Iíll be unavailable
Just looked it up, itís less than a 10 mile drive from work which will work out great. Iíll shoot you a message during that time.
Leeproctor83 likes this.
LazyDriver is online now  
post #204 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,104
Rep Power: 8109160
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeproctor83 View Post
FWIW Iíll be going to another paint school in SoCal the 1st week in May if anyone from the ďbrotherhoodĒ wants to have a cold one.
PM me when your in town. I'm in Orange County. I was going to PM you on how to best do a back yard paint job LOL. I've done a few pieces already.
Leeproctor83 likes this.

2001 Silver Lightning-Ported blower, 6lb pulley, magnaflow mid pipe and catback. other lil goodies.
fastbolt is online now  
post #205 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 05:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,104
Rep Power: 8109160
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeproctor83 View Post
Itíll be in Orange CA.
down the street from me. I know good places. depends on what you like to see.

2001 Silver Lightning-Ported blower, 6lb pulley, magnaflow mid pipe and catback. other lil goodies.
fastbolt is online now  
post #206 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 08:06 PM
local painter
 
Leeproctor83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Poplar bluff MO
Posts: 2,008
Rep Power: 28925288
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbolt View Post
PM me when your in town. I'm in Orange County. I was going to PM you on how to best do a back yard paint job LOL. I've done a few pieces already.
Iíll hit you up

Iíve walked a few members through some do it your self paint jobs. I spent over a year helping Lee (sickg35coupe) paint his lightning via text. Someone had painted it and done a bad job so he and I worked his ass off fixing it. He was supposed to do a thread...I think I still have pics. It turned out really good. He worked it all the way to the paint stage and had a professional painter do the color and clear coat in south FL.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A9966C1D-0397-483B-A521-78CBD8A6A1D0.jpeg (782.7 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 6E68A945-1F00-4743-BDFB-ED141CE723AE.jpg (168.1 KB, 58 views)
cbxer55 and chucksbp like this.

Last edited by Leeproctor83; 04-10-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Leeproctor83 is online now  
post #207 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:37 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 1,104
Rep Power: 8109160
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeproctor83 View Post
Iíll hit you up

Iíve walked a few members through some do it your self paint jobs. I spent over a year helping Lee (sickg35coupe) paint his lightning via text. Someone had painted it and done a bad job so he and I worked his ass off fixing it. He was supposed to do a thread...I think I still have pics. It turned out really good. He worked it all the way to the paint stage and had a professional painter do the color and clear coat in south FL.
that looks sweet. a lot of work, but I don't think i have the eye or patience for that kind of work. I did rattle can my front bumper and grill surround. their a 20 footer. i got a different bumper cover now though, I haven't worked on it yet. it's a 100 footer lol. I'll look forward to your PM and we'll go from there. weather is getting nice in SoCal

2001 Silver Lightning-Ported blower, 6lb pulley, magnaflow mid pipe and catback. other lil goodies.
fastbolt is online now  
post #208 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 02:29 PM Thread Starter
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
 
cbxer55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 8,713
Rep Power: 71583175
           
It's looking like the hood will be on my truck next weekend. Weather looks to be good between here and where Kenny lives, especially in Branson Missouri. We'll be meeting there to put the hood on.

I need to look up motels in the area and call and get a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights.

It's not a done deal yet. Kenny may not be able to make it. It's cool if he can't. We'll figure something out.

1998 Ford Ranger Sport
2004 Oxford White Lightning
2006 Suzuki M109R (VZR1800)
2008 Suzuki GSX-1300 B-King

Last edited by cbxer55; 04-13-2019 at 02:40 PM.
cbxer55 is offline  
post #209 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 07:42 AM
local painter
 
Leeproctor83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Poplar bluff MO
Posts: 2,008
Rep Power: 28925288
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
It's looking like the hood will be on my truck next weekend. Weather looks to be good between here and where Kenny lives, especially in Branson Missouri. We'll be meeting there to put the hood on.

I need to look up motels in the area and call and get a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights.

It's not a done deal yet. Kenny may not be able to make it. It's cool if he can't. We'll figure something out.
Ya I almost forgot Easter is that Sunday. Mabe I can take Friday off. Iíll have to see what on the schedule has to be painted next week.
Leeproctor83 is online now  
post #210 of 236 (permalink) Old 04-14-2019, 08:41 AM Thread Starter
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!
 
cbxer55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 8,713
Rep Power: 71583175
           
Ya, being Easter weekend, all the motels in the area are likely all booked up. Oh well, another time. It's not the end of the world. I kind of knew going in, that getting it when finished might be a PITA.

I guess, worst case scenario, we make it a hit and run meet. I could likely get there by 2. Meet, put the hood on, split! Not much fun, but gets the hood on my truck and you the remainder of the money for doing this.

1998 Ford Ranger Sport
2004 Oxford White Lightning
2006 Suzuki M109R (VZR1800)
2008 Suzuki GSX-1300 B-King

Last edited by cbxer55; 04-14-2019 at 09:10 AM.
cbxer55 is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (3 members and 3 guests)
Bird, sloturbo16, svtrayo11
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome