Vendor / Site Supporter Guidelines - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
Rob
Founder

Vendor / Site Supporter Guidelines

As Vendors & Site Supporters on Lightning Rodder .Com you will be held to a higher standard because we only want the best for our members and we have a responsibility to deliver that. For that reason we ask that you follow some simple guidelines.

*Conduct yourself in a mature and responsible way.

*If you have nothing nice to say about a competitors product or service then say nothing, and make sure to stay out of their Threads.

*Do not openly fight with Members or Vendors because it's ugly for both sides and only hurts business. (it's always better for both sides to work out your differences off line)

*If you do address a problem or situation openly and don't like what is being said please don't expect us to clean it up if someone is simply giving their opinion or stating the facts as they see them.

*If someone does step over the line or breaks a rule report the thread/post and we will get involved

*If someone is constantly bother you or trying to hurt your business then please let us know so they can be warned, (if it continues after they have been warned 3 times then they will be subject to removal)

Thank You for your continued support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Bracket maker

Aye Aye!

post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 10:16 AM
PW Extrordonaire

I hear ya barkin

Sent from my Apple Android

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
As Vendors & Site Supporters on Lightning Rodder .Com you will be held to a higher standard because we only want the best for our members and we have a responsibility to deliver that. For that reason we ask that you follow some simple guidelines.

*If you have nothing nice to say about a competitors product or service then say nothing and stay out of their Threads.

JJ
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!

Thumbs up

You should not even had to have posted this!!

Quote:

*If you have nothing nice to say about a competitors product or service then say nothing and stay out of their Threads.

*Do not openly fight with Members or Vendors because it's ugly for both sides and only hurts business. (it's always better for both sides to work out your differences off line)

*If you do address a problem or situation openly and don't like what is being said please don't expect us to clean it up if someone is simply giving their opinion or stating the facts as they see them.

*If someone does step over the line or breaks a rule report the thread/post and we will get involved

*If someone is constantly bother you or trying to hurt your business then please let us know so they can be warned, (if it continues after they have been warned 3 times then they will be subject to removal)

in bold, then why did multiple threads get locked in the Stomp Section when there were links and screen shots of misdealings with an SV, no resolution has been resolved?????

In Tank Fuel Line Kits, Brass Y, 6 clamps, and hose, pumps for sale http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...53#post1427853

For a quicker response e-mail vs pm'ing me: [email protected]

Ryan 99 SVT L #1339 Built LB and Trans, LT's with custom 3in exhaust, NT05R's, Jabsco IC Pump

SS Braided IC Lines, HD Hose Clamps, Dibbs List, http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...t=81793&page=4
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 08:41 PM
street truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haybale View Post
in bold, then why did multiple threads get locked in the Stomp Section when there were links and screen shots of misdealings with an SV, no resolution has been resolved?????
Gotta shut em' down before somebody does the classic……..

Attached Images
File Type: jpg foot20in20mouth.jpg (26.3 KB, 475 views)

SWANSON-QMP-MMR-ACCUFAB-PTE-ROSSLER-BS3-RACEPAK-NLR
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2012, 03:31 PM
Stiffler's guinea pig

^^

Build 2261 on 2/28/02, e85, 6# JLP pulley, Stieg Stage IV port, Stieg t/b and plenum port, Madfan e-fan, Ruslow p/s and water pump underdrive pulleys, 255 Walbro's, 60# injectors, JLP CAI, SCT BA2400 MAF, TR6 plugs, EGR delete, Jason's double resistor heat sink mod, FRPP drop, Punisher VB, Stifflers x-brace/long bars/safety loop, Hellwig front/rear swaybars, Stifflers adjustable upper control arms, Stifflers stainless brake lines, Baer slotted/drilled front rotors, Centerline Matrix 5's, Nitto NT05R's rear.

"Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get real interesting until around 150."
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Worlds Fastest Street HD Truck

Quote:

*If you have nothing nice to say about a competitors product or service then say nothing, and make sure to stay out of their Threads.

Hey Rob, it's pretty well known there's a certain someone who violates every one of those in Red, and they're still around like they run the show around here, just doing more harm for the community than good, when's that mess going to be taken care of? If we're enforcing rules we should enforce rules right?!

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 820/875, [email protected]
D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, [email protected] (SOLD 10/15/11)
REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #???? of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, [email protected]_91.71
GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Supporting Vendor

I just came across this as well as your other posts. I was directed by several concerned members wondering if I knew that Josh was name calling, bashing me, my company and my family.

Yes I sent a PM to the modadmin name here asking if Josh was going to become a supporting member. Not because I have a personal problem with him but because I feel that anyone who makes a few bucks from the members of this site should support the site back and no matter if the first sale was a classified sale or not it was still selling product and this is now the second time so why not support the site? It only makes sense.

It also has nothing to do with competition or the products themselves because he actually makes some nice stuff. I've installed his line lock button kit and while IMHO its not my cup of tea (meaning the switch that comes with the LL works quite well) I do applaud the thought and quality that went into the kit. It installed easily and was made from good quality parts.

There are alot of guys on this site who spend money to be site supporters and offer up small one off items and those guys have been supporting the site for years doing so out of the love of the vehicle and the connection they have to the community, they also do so without a ton of fan fair and I for one applaud the efforts of those people. so for someone else to start making stuff and selling it is awesome and most welcome but show some respect for the other guys and join the club so to speak so thats why I sent the PM.

I am all for the guy that offers one off stuff or limited quantity parts, heck we have brought a few of those kind of guys into the community and some have grown into a full time business. We have organized group buys for such small companies at FAF who offers a Fiberglass rear leaf spring and have helped others develop products we offered in the past such as the Monster inlet, so you see we have no agenda or feel threatened, if anything we welcome the added producers of parts for these vehicles.

Now Josh will rant and rave about anything he can about me and my business and my family to make himself feel better about himself but IMHO it only shows a lack of character. He has taken shots at me personally, my business and also my family over the last two weeks and honestly Josh if I would have had the time to read all your disparaging comments prior to this weekend I surely would have said hello to you at MIR and discussed this with you.

I honestly think Josh was still upset about a little cylinder head incident from over a month ago where he sold a set of heads that....well lets just leave it there for now and if Josh would like to discuss this further or if he decides to disparage me, my business or my family again I will make sure that everyone knows the full story with detailed pictures about what happened.

As the longest standing vendor on this site I take great pride in supporting this site. I also take great pride in being able to help anyone who calls with questions or for anyone who has a problem. You guys/gals take great care of me and my business by supporting us and its only fair that we give back in kind. Thank you to those members who PM'd me about this situation and offered their thoughts of encouragement and support. Its sad that this situation couldnt have been handled or discussed in a more adult manner.

Thank you for your time,

JJ
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 07:27 PM

Actions speak louder than words. I'll leave it at that because nothing more needs to be said.

M.HYDE: 2000 HD F-150 #0356 of 8197, Built 05/18/00, Bought 07/03/00, 820/875, [email protected]
D.JEKL: 2000 HD F-150 #1552 of 8197, Built 06/20/00, Bought 06/25/09, 372/450, [email protected] (SOLD 10/15/11)
REPTAR: 2012 SVTF-150 #???? of ????, Built 01/19/12, Bought 08/26/11, ???/???, [email protected]_91.71
GEN.0L: 1985 XL F-150 w/'94 Lightning Donor Engine Swap, Holley Projection EFI, 03 HD Paint
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 07:38 PM
LightningGarage.com.....

Josh is a stand up guy, he helped a lot of members and provided lots of good info. Not to say JJ hasn't but I see more crying and finger pointing from him than almost any other. Should a person building small one off stuff be a vendor if he builds two items and sells them? I think it's subjective to the person being asked but I also think some people need to grow up and stop crying because someone is doing something differently than you.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 07:45 PM
LightningGarage.com.....

That being said, if a person has posted more than one item in the classifieds should they "join the club" since they are now profiting from LR?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 06:54 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
Actions speak louder than words. I'll leave it at that because nothing more needs to be said.
Thats surprising considering all that you have had to say recently about me, my business and my family.

My actions over the last 10 years of bringing along small companies that offer unique products as well as supporting those guys who want to continue with products that we once sold by offering up fixtures and advice on those products should speak volumes about my integrity where as your disparaging words recently and over the last few years towards me, my business and my family speak volumes all by themselves no matter how high a quality product you offer.

Just a bit of advice Josh, dont go running around making a mountain out of a molehill. It was simple question that I asked AG about you selling parts and you turned it into a huge debacle hoping to get people on your side while trying to show what a big bad guy I am, even going so far as making your post in this thread asking for something to be done, but as you can see it fell on deaf ears because honestly people were sick and tired of reading it. You only made yourself look bad in the end.

So I take it you dont want to discuss the cylinder head incident?

JJ
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 07:40 AM

You must have a guilty conscious, I never said JJ this or JJ that on here, so if you're implying they're about you, that's on you. I vented about an anonymous person that in a petty rant tried to get my GB shut down, because I was never told exactly who did it, so I kept it anonymous in my venting, if you want to own up to it, so be it, I'm not pointing fingers though.

And how many times are you going to try and instigate about this so called cylinder head "incident"? I sold my old 9 second heads to Miguel as repaired heads, he got them, didn't feel comfortable using them. No problem, while I would have had no issue using them on my own truck, I can understand his builder/tuner wasn't, and he's going to listen to what they recommend. Totally understandable. I'm easy to work with, I found him a new buyer and had his money back including shipping less than 24 hours later, Miguel wasn't out a penny, the new buyer saw the pics, knew the back story, and purchased them, despite someone calling/texting him trying to start trouble and ruin the sale. The only once making it into an incident is you. The deal worked out for Miguel, the deal worked out for the new buyer, the deal worked out for me, everyone was happy, nobody was screwed. So please don't forget about the below rule and please stop trying to instigate, stop trying to hurt my classifieds and group buy, and follow that higher standard that SV's are supposed to be held to....

Quote:

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-13-2014, 08:28 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley#356 View Post
You must have a guilty conscious, I never said JJ this or JJ that on here, so if you're implying they're about you, that's on you. I vented about an anonymous person that in a petty rant tried to get my GB shut down, because I was never told exactly who did it, so I kept it anonymous in my venting, if you want to own up to it, so be it, I'm not pointing fingers though.

And how many times are you going to try and instigate about this so called cylinder head "incident"? I sold my old 9 second heads to Miguel as repaired heads, he got them, didn't feel comfortable using them. No problem, while I would have had no issue using them on my own truck, I can understand his builder/tuner wasn't, and he's going to listen to what they recommend. Totally understandable. I'm easy to work with, I found him a new buyer and had his money back including shipping less than 24 hours later, Miguel wasn't out a penny, the new buyer saw the pics, knew the back story, and purchased them, despite someone calling/texting him trying to start trouble and ruin the sale. The only once making it into an incident is you. The deal worked out for Miguel, the deal worked out for the new buyer, the deal worked out for me, everyone was happy, nobody was screwed. So please don't forget about the below rule and please stop trying to instigate, stop trying to hurt my classifieds and group buy, and follow that higher standard that SV's are supposed to be held to....

Of course, I forgot who I was talking to..... silly me why would you be a man and mention me or my business by name?

and of course thats how you feel about the cylinder head situation, you got paid and were not put out by anything that happened after the sale.

There are plenty of others that know the real deal and more are added to that list weekly, bigtu

JJ