Lightning Rodder banner

Spring mods

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  00blacky 
#1 · (Edited)
Been busy the last two weeks on some minor stuff. My exhaust leak should be fixed and with a fresh set of plugs and the mods below im hoping to pickup another 25-40HP. Truck seems to be running pretty rich, so it seems like we can lean it out ever so slightly and pickup some more power. Plan on removing the spare as well.

See less See more
#3 ·
^ Thanks man.

Got my summer mix put into the intercooler system. 75% distilled water, with water wetter and 25% coolant. The mix drops my IAT2 temps by about 10 degrees in the summer. Also tossed on the L fan shroud donated by Jeff. My other one was so hacked up it wasn't doing shit for cooling. I'll post up a picture of the new shroud when it's light outside again. Looks alot better.

Here's a comparison:

#5 ·
The truck runs again! It pulls VERY strong, feels like i got another 30HP, even without a revised tune. Still got the rear o2's and original MAF on. I'll put the new MAF on before tune day. It was hard staying out of the throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWW8THxl2mQ

Only bad thing is now i need to cut a bit of pipe out or bring it to an exhaust shop. The longtube setup is a bit longer. Also gotta get my wideband in there. Hopefully i can get that fixed before the meet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.