Lightning Rodder banner

JLP at Cecil

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  jeffrey1 
#1 ·
Big thanks to Johnny and Sue for holding this event. Although the day started out with questionable weather, Cecil pulled it out and there were no breakdowns or fluid cleanups all day which made for a productive 4 1/2 hours of actual racing. For me this was one of the best JLP events in a long time. More than just the racing, I was able to see some old friends from many years ago. "Blue Balls" Mike from the E-town days, and Freddie Wade who I have not seen in several years. Got to grudge race for the first time Freddie and Redrum.

Weather was a bit hot and swampy but none the less It was great to just be out there racing. I was able to Squeeze out 4 passes in a very short window of racing with not much cool down between passes for the warm weather. (3) 9.9 sec passes and 9.85 on my last one. Got a 60ft PB of 1.358 on the last pass as well.

Hope to see some video of all the passes. Here are my slips from today and an onboard of Redrum vs Dude. This little 10 year old 2.6 KB did not have much for Joey's turbo truck but I made him work for it. All good fun stuff!!

Attachments

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
?Hi Fred ❤It was definitely awesome seeing you ❤ We all had a great day? and seeing you racing Brought back memories from the first day I met you at this event (7) years ago almost to the day❤ and BTW that’s the reason i took ?secretariat ? was to go down the track like she never did in 7 years ? just took her down Memory Lane and never put the pedal to the floor, and even though she’s on a street tune and at 4,517 Lbs her time slip was (13.98)LOL*but she can still cut a light with a (.016)?
A big shout out to ?Johnny? for another awesome JLP day
And yes John Dudes truck is running really well ? and I’m very happy To see his truck at the track instead up on jacks like so many others these days ? BTW To my ?HATERS ?this is my reason why ?secretariat?was on the trailer? RESPECT ? she Served me well for seven long years, and still is ?
As I see it, she’s Better on a trailer then on Jack’s?
Anyway ❤Fred ❤ It was great to see you ❤ please give my best to your lovely wife ❤ Hopefully the next time I see you at the truck ?I’ll have my ?silver assassin ?Be safe.

#16 ·
Great to see some of the old gang again. And the grudge racing was fun, something we have all have not done in a while. Hopefully more trucks are ready this fall for some match ups. Like another member said, I would like to see some kind of bracket race for the Lightning guys at the special events. Sat we had a broad range of trucks running from low 8's to high 11's. Not many guys running a tenth or 2 apart which makes for some great finishes depending on your tree?

#18 · (Edited)
My man Dude ? that’s not a bad idea ? I’m very happy to see your truck back out at the track ? and glad to see you in your race seat?and not on the?bench?LoL To all my *HATERS *if you don’t like me and still watch everything I do,then Bro ?you’re a ?FAN? and speaking about ?HATERS ? I have so much more for you to be mad at,just be Patient ?? some folks

? John❤i find it sooo very funny how some people,not many
but the Chosen ones, who can’t stand to see success of others will never experience their own? I’m sure you get the point?BTW I forgot to mention I was at ?ATCO ? this past Tuesday night for test and tune,and I’m invited to a track rental on Monday ? this will be my 4th time to the track NOT counting ??JLP day? you remember when i trailered ?Secretariat To Cecil ?and the session just started,but you definitely have me beat,I lost track, no pun intended LOL ❤ Keep up the good work Dude ,Your truck is running very Consistent and strong, not many people can say that ? oops,I take that back,I mean they do say that,but don’t back it up? But one day in this lifetime im guessing they will , But then again , that’s just a guess ? One more thing, I’m thinking of having another garage party to Celebrate,? well let’s just say another Garage party ? Love all my lightning brothers and sisters ❤

#17 ·
Heck dude there's NMRA Truck & Lightning class for bracket racing, bring it out to Maplegrove in June for that!

This event was awesome, and despite some wet weather in the AM, cecil dried it up, and had that track HOOKING for the afternoon! Great day of racing, great seeing some faces again that I haven't seen in a while.

I was talking about it to someone last night, how funny things have changed from 10 years ago. A decade ago, an event like this would have had it's different camps with JLP vs JDM vs WMS or whoever else, and the customers would all hang out, but the bigger camps would mostly be set apart, maybe a wave or quick hey when passing. At JL's event, with the community much smaller these days, it's come together a lot. You had JLP and TITS all parked together, alternating trucks lined up, for the friendly grudge match setup between JL & Paul & their 8 second trucks, and Robert & Joey and their 9 second trucks. 4v S/C vs 4v turbo, and 2v S/C vs 2v turbo. Very cool lineup. You had BG racing who's using JL for tuning now, and even JJ was there in his '19 GT and hanging out at the JLP trailer for a bit. While there's still the loyalties to builders and tuners and what not, it's cool seeing the community still hang out for the sake of the fun of the hobby and the trucks, and not letting those preferences or loyalties drive folks apart. It's a fun rivalry, not a spiteful one.

I still need to get my pics and vids up and a recap thread. Been a busy week, I'll try and do it this weekend if I get a chance.

I was hoping to race my HD truck, but unfortunately the PS gremlin derailed that for me. I was then going to race the SRT10, but a siezed brake caliper derailed that for me as well lol. So I made the best of the worst and towed my open trailer down and picked up my 4 post lift from Greg Smith equipment which is 20 mins from Cecil, and got that in the morning while the track was still wet anyway. Unfortunately didn't get to race anything this year, but it was fun watching and hanging out. It was cool to see my old 03 HD truck Jekyll Jr there with the new owner. I had an absolute BLAST racing that truck there last year....and heck on that note, stirring the pot from last year's, I even DROVE it there, as street trucks are meant to be DRIVEN, and I even went 13.0 on 4 passes in a row, with no excuses about a lolly gagging pass lol. Funny the ones that give me flack about not bringing the race truck out (because it's not done yet), are the same ones that leave their race-ready trucks that are running (supposedly) in the garage, then trailer their street truck down and make 1 slow pass, and call me the bench racer? lol, some folks.

Anyway....more pics later!

In the mean time, if folks go to my FB page, the album is public. Has pics & vids. It's also posted on JLP's fb page. Some MONSTER wheelies from JL & Robert.

#19 ·
4 track outings, @ 1 pass per outing....and DudeL got that many passes at JLP Cecil in the half a day of racing lol

#20 ·
Haha ❤ My biggest FAN ❤Josh you are the best?? I don’t care what they say about you I think you’re awesome ??I said it once I’ll say it again if not for you LR may as well shut down ? and speaking about JLP day,it was great in seeing old friends and making new ones as I did that day ❤and seeing your Dad was a nice touch ❤ But my biggest littlest fan was not there ,Your son Lincoln ? hopefully you will take him when your wannabe lightning is done,sorry that was a slip of the tongue ? And yes Dude is setting the tracks on fire ? hes got me beat in more ways than one , his truck is running really well and I’m very happy for him ? Next time I see you at the track,hopefully you will have 3 things with you, # (1) your son #(2) your Dad #(3) your truck ? I got to run, must get my truck ready for Monday’s track rental ? Love all my lightning brothers and sisters ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.