Spookfest 2018

12K views 157 replies 19 participants last post by  Harley#356 
#1 · (Edited)
Spookfest 2018

Friday October 26th
Cecil County Dragway
Gates open 8:00am

*** NO REFUNDS ***
In the Event of Rain - We will assign a New Date.

-$170 per racer if paid by Saturday September 8th

-$200 per racer if paid by Saturday October 6th

NO PAYMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER OCTOBER 6TH!

THERE WILL BE NO PAYING AT THE GATE FOR RACERS!

If you’re not paid by October 6th you’re not racing.

-$10 per crew/spectator they will pay at the gate.

-Street tires will be permitted but limited to one lane

-Both lanes will be fully prepped the entire length.

-Everyone Must be able to Pass Tech.

-NO food will be provided

If paying by check or money order make them out to & mail them to:
Dave London
140 Huckleberry LN.
Browns Mills, NJ 08015

If paying by PayPal please send it to
Brett Samanns
Lightn95@gmail.com

Please send it as a gift to friends and family (if you send it the wrong way and a fee is charged you will be responsible for the difference). We’re not making any money off of this rental so anything that’s not paid comes out of our pockets.

Also we don’t always know everyone’s full name and/or their screen name on the message forums so please try to put some of that with your payment so we all know who you are.

If anyone is near Atco raceway and wants to drop a payment off to me your more then welcome to and I’ll get it to Brett. Just please let me know you coming a little ahead of time.

Jamie VanAcker
543 Jackson Rd
Atco, NJ 08004

The List:
1. Uncle Frank
2. Gary Transue
3. Brett Samanns
4. Brian Wright ( Briansshop)
5. Jamie VanAcker
6. Joe Cascio
7. John Kiernan
8. Jack Georgakis
9. Paul Albino
10. James Fisher
11. Charlie Flohr
12. Joseph Behensky
13. Tommy Molloy
14. Nick (from 3 Nicks)
15. Glen Bartley
16. Joe Toal
17. Alfredo Porfilio
18. George Pirpinias
19. Jon Lund
20. Rudy Fedele
21. Nick Sineno #1
22. Nick Sineno #2
23. Nick Sineno #3
24. Brian Walling
25. Carmelo Arce
26. Ron Kalstek
27. Chris Garrett
28. Adam Iorio
29. Keith Blackburn
30. Dom DiDonato
31. John "Blue Mare Mustang"
32. Tim Lynch
33. Jeff Thompson
34. Al Ditingo
35. Mark Meyer
36. Albert Piasecki
37. Jon Lund
38. Eric Pagliughi
That’s it, no more spots being sold.

See less See more
#52 ·
25 trucks...looking good so far!

I'm still on that fine line of whether mine will be done or not. Gonna come down to the wire for the final deadline date for me. Targeting next weekend to drop the motor in!

#62 ·
calling 1st dibbs on buying out spot #27 if my truck is ready in time, since they'll be a no-show lol

#79 ·
Uncle frank has generously offered dinner so pretty excited about that! And Carmelo gave me lane choice so itÂ’s like Christmas in October.
Chris UF is a 1 of a kind and a first class act. You will definitely enjoy his company. I see 1 problem with the dinner offer not sure his kind of restaurants our in that area you might have to follow him back to NY so he can take you to little Italy Lol

#66 ·
lol 1 post you're calling the left lane unprepped, the next post you're the track rental expert lmao!

Even though street tires can run that left lane (which IS prepped), I doubt there's many (if any) on this limited list that are going to show up on a street tire. The JLP Cecil rentals & the ABM Nats at Cecil have always been open rentals, no tire restrictions, and lots of street tire cars there running between DR & slick vehicles, and Cecil STILL pulls off stellar track prep every time at those events...which is typically that standard 100' of prep. So I've got no doubt in their ability to have stellar prep at Spookfest in BOTH lanes even if 1 or 2 street tire trucks make a couple passes throughout the day when there's 30+ slick/DR trucks there lol But nobody is expecting or asking you to run the left lane UF, we wouldn't want to hear the excuses that you were spinning as to why the 2.3 didn't go 9.4's that day (even though it won't be spinning, it'll be balling the tire up and rolling over itself from hooking so hard on that Cecil Spookfest prep even in the left lane lol)

#70 ·
Ok, let’s clear some stuff up because this banter is getting old and redundant.

No one said anything about the “Left Lane”. We haven’t decided which land will get prepped the whole length yet so I don’t know where this left lane stuff came from. One lane will allow street tires (still no one said what that lane will be) and there will be a couple vehicles there with street tires but not many. “IF” we get enough racers we might have enough money to pay for the other lane to get prepped further then 100’ (the 100’ number is a minimum)

I’m sick and tired of hearing Frank and Josh going back and forth and I’m sure everyone else is too!

#74 ·
Everyone, absolute silence in this thread! No discussions, no ball busting, no banter, keep the spookfest thread grayed out and not bumped to the top as that may help generate more buzz and interest and serve as a reminder to folks to sign up. We wouldn't want any of that now would we?

#75 ·
Call-outs and bench racing have been a backbone of the drag racing scene since the first car rolled off the assembly line waiting on the second. You know they raced as soon as 2 were completed!

I think the banter back and forth is fun. And it does keep the thread near the top, which is a very good thing.

Jim

#96 ·
Silence?Just the opposite. (#1)Spookfest is one of the best events for our trucks. #2) it’s at ,in my view one of the BEST tracks around #3) from the people at the gate who I happen to know (Julie) & (Cassandra) to (Norm) who is one of the lines men are Awesome and Beyond helpful* #4) and not to mention ?Chris Garrett ?*(who I’m looking forward to meet)*who is driving (700) miles each way to make this event speaks volumes of how special this spookfest truly is? #5) also I got a bunch of texts messages from people who’s cars/trucks are not ready but want to come to see some beautiful and fast lightning trucks * and one was from ?Eric Korn? so in keeping this Quiet in my view will be a disservice to this ??AWESOME ??event at an AWESOME ??track ? looking forward in seeing My ?lightning?? brothers? and ❤sisters ❤at ??spookfest ?? thank you for your time in reading my post??
Yeah, I guess the sarcasm in my post went right over your head lol.

Jamie ,do you Realize he’s going to make me famous? how awesome is it going to be that a little ?2.3? Whipple ?is going to get to the finish line before a ?4v? now that should make the front page of Sports illustrated? and the Centerfold will have ?Josh ?kissing my ring?? Now that’s a photo shoot???????anyway I’m sure we will have so much fun on ?LR?up until that day comes ?Jamie ?he can run?but he can’t hide ? I will be waiting ?????looking forward in seeing you at ?spookfest ?
UF, I'm getting a little worried about you, is dementia setting in? When my truck was out there ALLLL that time from when you joined the L scene, up till I took a hiatus to go 4v, your little 2.3 Whipple was NEVER faster than my 2v build lol. You only finally eclipsed my 9.88 time *after* my truck was down and bowed out of the 2v game.....so in what world do you think any 2v is going to be a fair match for my upcoming 4v? lol. You need to chase down your own big brother truck from JDM first, their ultimate build, Don Carson's 9.3 second 4v street truck.

Bragging about current E/Ts from this year and comparing them to 2013 E/Ts is like folks that don't make the podium in the olympics, yet gloat about how they were faster than the guys who got gold 4 years ago....it's not even the same race, and everyone got faster 4 years later, but you're still comparing to E/T's of 4-5 years ago because sure high 9.6's look fast vs. the 9.8's of 2013, but take the blinders off and look at the 2v guys out there currently going 9.2's-9.4's in 2018....that's the benchmark to shoot for....but I guess then it'd be harder to gloat.

I come to find out there is no red light on iInstant green ?so sitting in the stands you will never see red?when you get to the finish line you won’t get a time slip ?Meaning you left too soon. And therefore you Lose. I have been told by a racer with Instant green experience.
1st off, instant green at every track is not necessarily the same, it all depends on how they configured the tree. They can set it up to not redlight at 1 track, but allow it to at another. It's pretty simple. If the tree is setup to redlight, if someone leaves the staging beams before the tree is activated it redlights. If the tree is setup to not redlight, as it was at pinks, if someone leaves the staging beams before the tree is activated by the starter, it just activates the tree upon leaving the pre-stage beam, rather than the starter activating it. Bam, instant green w/o redlight.

Also as for not getting a time slip, you can redlight and still get a time slip, it just gives you a negative R/T, which is how much you went red by. It's up to the track's decision if they don't give you a slip if you redlight. Now I've left on the 1st yellow before, and the tree did not activate properly, it was a huge redlight, the E/T was mumbled numbers, but I still got a slip. Leaving after the 3rd yellow but before the green the #'s all make sense but R/T is just negative by how much it was red. Again, track's discretion. But a moot point ,because at Pinks there were no reds lol.

I've raced instant green a few times. Frank is correct, no time slip for turning on the red light.
Except nobody was able to turn on the red light at Pinks, because the tree was self activating lol.

If both lanes were fully staged, if 1 guy rolled out of the pre-stage beams, the tree went green. Saw it time and time again, especially once it was pointed out to us. Saw 1 truck in the finals or just before the finals lined up where it was extremely evident, both lanes were pre-staged, other lane fully staged, then this guy went to fully stage & his trans brake slipped or the truck rolled thru the brakes, he slipped forward and you could tell he mashed back on the brake, but the instant it crept out of the pre-stage bulb the green came on. A starter would have never activated the tree that fast. But you cant tell me it was coincidence that 300+ cars over a 2 day race that not a single on redlight on an instant-green tree lol. You could also tell from the time slip R/T's who guessed & who reacted. Majority of folks were pulling a 0.5-0.6 R/T when reacting on green. That's their reaction time plus the vehicles reaction time, to 1.) see the green (activated tree/starting the R/T clock), 2.) hit the gas, 3.) truck react & roll out of pre-stage beam, 4.) truck roll out of stage beam (activating the clock upon leaving the stage beam/ending R/T clock). Folks that guessed pulled 0.2-0.3 R/T when guessing on green, because their own reaction time (#1 & #2) came before the green, and it was purely the time it took the truck to react for 3.) truck react & roll out of the prestage beam (activating the green/starting R/T clock) to leaving the stage beam (activating the clock/ending R/T clock).

It was certainly interesting, just wish they marketed it as "chase is a race" to at least make it more entertaining. Then if the opponent did jump, rather than self activate the tree, it'd be an automatic loss unless the other guy chased for the race. Then the challenge comes back in. Knowing now that nobody can redlight because it self activates (unless you maybe left before the other guy was even staged? lol), that kind of takes the fun out of it. I know it's 2018, but not everybody has to be a winner or get a trophy, now we're taking red lights out of christmas trees? :shitstormretarded

Josh, We need for you to get your truck running for Spookfest.
Anything I can do to help, I'm sure a bunch of others would be willing to help you get it back together.
Just ask.
You guys make it seem like I'm sitting on stuff ready to go and just being lazy about it. You want to help? Have Joel Charles finish my parts that I've been waiting 11 months for and bug him weely about but for some reason he seems to throw me on the back burner despite the fact that I've always sent him parts for templates, and not just oddball 1 off stuff, common things he now sells tons of, yet I get put on the back burner for some reason. Get JLT to ship my intake quicker. Get swaintech to coat my headers faster. Get DW to ship my injectors faster. Scold J2fab for taking 3 months to spend 15 minutes to machine my IC for the flow mod, then sending me damaged parts after all that wait and taking 3 weeks to send me undamaged ones. Scold TotallyBakedPC for taking 2 months to PC my lower intake and letting it sit on their shop floor for 6 weeks before shipping it back. Gripe at Sue for taking a while to get my ARH ordered. Put Schoneck at the stakes for selling me a wet sumped block that wasn't fully wet sumped, and for selling me GT500 valve covers that weren't GT500 valve covers, and for selling me GT500 tming cover that wasn't a GT500 timing cover, and for selling me ported GT supercar heads that were barely even ported and had to be redone on the CNC, and for taking 6 months to send me any of the parts that I paid for in full up front. There's a lot of chit to juggle when every last detail of the drivetrain is getting changed up, and unfortunately the biggest chunk of all that is wait time, delays, and companies giving false promises of turnaround times. Out of all of this I've had ONE company that shocked me on turnaround time and that was 1320junkie performance, he had my lower intake ported & shipped back to me before his estimate of when it'd even hit his bench to start work. Everyone else so far has been absurd delays, lack of updates, and excuses. Then I do finally get parts, and have my own commitments to take care of. The truck will get done, it's not going to make spookfest w/o a miracle, it's 1 month away and I'm still waiting on exhaust from swaintech, injectors from DW, intake from JLT, bolts from Summit, and once I drop the motor in & check clearances, I need to send the plenum off for PC, I need to build IC/coolant/PS/fuel lines, & I need to arrange tuning, and oh yeah work full time & not ignore my family for the next month till spookfest lol. It'll get out there when it gets out there, as much as I support Spookfest and had it as my goal to be ready by, company lead times & wait times fall out of my hands, and I'm not cutting corners to rush and slap it together just to entertain some sackless callout from a 2v truck that could never keep up with me when I was 2v, let alone 4v lol.

Update to the track prep.

Enough people have prepaid that we can now fully prep BOTH LANES!
WOOHOO, no more excuses on grudge races lol. Should update the 1st post with official callouts/races that folks want to see.

1.) Carmelo vs. Garrett
2.) UF vs. Dude
3.) ?

#86 ·
There was no red light to turn on.

#92 ·
Uncle Frank, that is a very nice offer. But I have a match in Bridgeport CT that afternoon. "IF" that match is not going to matter for our possible post season standings, I will indeed ask out and come to Spookfest. If the match matters for something, of course I must help the girls accomplish our goals.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.