Any difference between production years of Gen 1? - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jamie V

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Any difference between production years of Gen 1?

Just wondering if there were any differences in the build of Gen 1 from 93 - 95. Anything that would make one year more desirable than another? Were there any options beside color?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:45 AM
DrFraZZy

What i can remember on top of my head. All this information should be on www.nloc.net

1993 did not come with clear coat on the paint, it has a different steering wheel, no jump seats. Only black and red color. The interior is darker gray than the 1994-1995. Box rear bumper. I recall something with front discs being a smaller or a troublesome to change the discs than the 1994, 1995.

Clearly- the 1994 and 1995 is more desirable.

1994 came with black, red and white. Half of them came with jump seats, some of them came with tubular bumpers, better brake calipers,

1995 is the same as 1994 but all of them came with jump seats, tubular rear bumper and better ECU.

I know, there s more options to add.

Last edited by drfrazzy; 04-16-2019 at 07:07 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 07:05 AM

To add to that.

95 transmission has an upgraded center support.

94 & 95 engine blocks are roller ready so you can upgrade to a hydraulic roller cam if you desire

But you want to be on NLOC if you have a gen 1 Lightning and here if you have a gen 2
drfrazzy likes this.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I used to have a '03 SB Lightning, so this is the forum I think of for Lightning questions. I'll go and check out the other site. I'm selling a Focus RS and getting a house with some property, so I need to purchase a pickup, and thought I might look around for a Gen I (unless maybe I can find my old '03 and buy it back again - I might do some searching here on the site for it).

Thanks!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 10:03 AM
Wile E. Coyote, Super Genius!

There's no guarantee that because a person has a Lightning, they're a member here. I run into new Lightning owners frequently, and when I mention the site, they give me a blank look. Lots of L owners out there have no clue about this site, and when you tell them they express zero interest.

The Oklahoma forum here used to be super busy. Then everyone bailed out and went to that other place where zombies hang out, FacePlant. I don't care if I'm missing out on some great stuff, I'll never join that place.

1998 Ford Ranger Sport
2004 Oxford White Lightning
2006 Suzuki M109R (VZR1800)
2008 Suzuki GSX-1300 B-King