Harley Factory Tune=Lighting Factory Tune?? - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Harley Factory Tune=Lighting Factory Tune??

Whats up everyone. Just a quick question that may be a dumb one to some. I know the Harley engines and Lightning engines are basically identical except the upper pulley is smaller which makes for two additional pounds of boost over the Harley. From what ive read it is somewhat safe to add 2 pounds of boost to a stock L without having to tune. Im assuming the maf and ecu make necessary adjustments and add fuel. I know the importance and benefits of having a custom dyno tune done not only for HP increase but also for safe and correct A/F mixture. My question is how does this theory apply to the Harley. Can you add 2 pounds only. Or are the factory tunes the same on both trucks and you can add 4 pounds and not be obligated to tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:54 AM

Everything I have seen has pointed to them having different tunes. If it were me I would just buy and sct4 from jj at wms to get lifetime rune revisions. That way you can tune as you go up in mods. A tune with give you the most out of the pulley

2002 HD #10439
1998 F150 Lariat
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Agreed. Im gonna need the SCT down the road anyway. I guess i was just trying to make it a little different before i go SCT, MAF, Cold Air, Clean Intercooler, Port Head. Do it right or dont do anything i guess. 🤨 Thanks for the info. 👍

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweendog View Post
Everything I have seen has pointed to them having different tunes. If it were me I would just buy and sct4 from jj at wms to get lifetime rune revisions. That way you can tune as you go up in mods. A tune with give you the most out of the pulley
👆👆👆👆👆&#x1f 446;👆
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:23 PM
I paid my buck-o-five

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevhoax View Post
Whats up everyone. Just a quick question that may be a dumb one to some. I know the Harley engines and Lightning engines are basically identical except the upper pulley is smaller which makes for two additional pounds of boost over the Harley. From what ive read it is somewhat safe to add 2 pounds of boost to a stock L without having to tune. Im assuming the maf and ecu make necessary adjustments and add fuel. I know the importance and benefits of having a custom dyno tune done not only for HP increase but also for safe and correct A/F mixture. My question is how does this theory apply to the Harley. Can you add 2 pounds only. Or are the factory tunes the same on both trucks and you can add 4 pounds and not be obligated to tune.

a tune from a reputable lightning / harley truck tuner is way better than some random dyno operator with tuning software

and itís not the tune that maxes out, itís the 90mm MAF on the Ď01-Ď04 trucks, the 80mm MAF equipped trucks peg out sooner

Ď03 Harley
Ď02 Lightning (dohc twin turbo)
Ď01 Lightning (promod project)
Ď01 lifted Eaton swapped F150
Ď00 Lightning (Wicked)