Alternate tuning software. - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Alternate tuning software.

I just bought a Kess V2 tuner. I will receive it in early March. It apparently was made in Italy and up till now only did Euro and JDM cars/trucks.
They just lately upgraded it to do US vehicles. Some OBD 1 1977 and up cars and trucks.

They advertise that you can scan the PCM and make a copy of the factory firmware. Store a copy as stock, then alter another copy to tune the vehicle.
That is quite a turn around from the others we have had. This would allow you to copy your tune and be able to tweak it. (As long as you knew what you were doing.....LOL

They send you cables, interface box and computer software. You can tweak things as you drive then after you get it right, ,burn it to the PCM. (so they advertise)

More after I get it.

99L bought new, Forged short block with a main cap girdle, ARP bolts and studs, I W dampner, ported PI heads, 1-7/8" long tubes, 3" full exh, ported Eaton, long bars, solid motor mounts, Trans by A-1, 18 lb pullied.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:58 PM

Hey keep us updated when you learn more.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 08:28 AM

i would deff like to see some more info on this as im on the verge of just going with holley hp ecu

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 06:40 AM
EFI Dyno Tuning.com

im not sure where they came up with that marketing ploy but it is not accurate or you have misunderstood it. Kess has supported the eec-v for many years I have quite a few customers that use it to read and write final tunes as well. It is not a tuning tool just a simple read and write tool. If you assumed the software would expose the tuning parameters for you to modify you are mistaken. If you want to do your own tuning your best option is to do realtime tuning using a moates quarterhorse. Go to http://www.efidynotuning.com and u can download rhe custom tuning software tunerpro and the omae2 strategy for the 02/03 lightnings and 03/04 harley trucks for free. If u have an earlier or 04 L then u will have to pay for the open source development of it.