What happens when your wheel bearing goes out - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com  

Go Back   Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com > The Stomping Grounds... > General Chat

Official Supporting Vendors

Advertisements

Old 02-21-2010, 09:30 PM   #1
greyhd
Amsoil Dealer

greyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond repute
Default UPDATE: What happens when your wheel bearing goes out

Saturday morning coming back from doing my tax return my front passenger side wheel bearing decided to break. Needless to say I lost the front passenger wheel on the freeway doing 65 and I was 3 wheeling the HD for a few hundred feet until we came to a dead stop. My wife and I came out unharmed, I was able to keep the truck straight and did not hit anyone else, and my wheel did not hit any other vehicle. I am pretty bummed that 2010 has not started out well for me, the truck gets hit, tv breaks, dryer takes a dump, and now this. I really hope 2010 shapes up a bit better. As for the truck looks like I will need a rotor, caliper, caliper bracket, spindle, and new bearings. I was able to take a pic with my cell for you guys to see.
IMG00052-20100220-1159.jpg

IMG00167-20100220-1158.jpg

[IMG]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s939.photobucket.com/user/deeepin_2u2002/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>[/IMG]

Last edited by greyhd; 02-26-2010 at 06:37 PM.
greyhd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2010, 09:33 PM   #2
BlowerWhore
BagsR4groceries eBay built

BlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond repute

geez man gladd thats only thing happen to the truck. You couldve wrecked the truck.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
greyhd
Amsoil Dealer

greyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond reputegreyhd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silviebolt View Post
geez man gladd thats only thing happen to the truck. You couldve wrecked the truck.
Yea the tow truck driver told me I could have flipped and totaled the truck. My fender might need adjusting since the rim hit it pretty hard and bent it out of place.

Nice avatar, lol

[IMG]<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s939.photobucket.com/user/deeepin_2u2002/embed/slideshow/"></iframe>[/IMG]

Last edited by greyhd; 02-21-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:36 PM   #4
BlowerWhore
BagsR4groceries eBay built

BlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond reputeBlowerWhore has a reputation beyond repute

i kno i saw that LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
Bgstew6
DONE

Bgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond repute

When you gave me the call afterward .....my heart sunk....but as I told ya on the phone....Just glad you and the wifey came out unharmed!
2k2 Black Harley Davidson SCrew, #1088
What's that sound you say????...."Why that's 19lbs of Pure, Cogged, Kenne Bell 2.3 Screamin Hell! mixed with a little bit of my Stock Block crying like a Jilted Jezebel
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

How come these injuns ain't killin us???
Cause they can't see us, we're in the spirit world asshole!!!

My Gallery
Bgstew6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 PM   #6
greyhd
Amsoil Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgstew6 View Post
When you gave me the call afterward .....my heart sunk....but as I told ya on the phone....Just glad you and the wifey came out unharmed!
Thanks Stew, yea thats the good thing we did not get injured.

Old 02-21-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
JunkYard Dog
Building a fast catfish!!!

JunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond repute

skeery........... i was thinking about that the other day when i went onto an on ramp at 65mph.... and it is like a 50 ft drop straight down once u go over the rails...

I felt my right front roll on my 150 a lil when i did it.... i was like Oh Shitzki...... i was ready to slide and lean the seat back...lol...

00' LS1 Z-28 12.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseypayne69 View Post
If GM ever does die, I hope Ford buys the corvette brand and slaps a 3.7 twin turbo in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
You WANT to see a V6 powered Ford Corvette? I've read a lot of dumb shit on the internet, but you just eclipsed everything else. Do us all a favor - don't have kids.
JunkYard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 09:44 PM   #8
JunkYard Dog
Building a fast catfish!!!

JunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond reputeJunkYard Dog has a reputation beyond repute

glad noone got harmed that is all that matters... cars can be fixed and replaced... people cant

00' LS1 Z-28 12.9

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseypayne69 View Post
If GM ever does die, I hope Ford buys the corvette brand and slaps a 3.7 twin turbo in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post
You WANT to see a V6 powered Ford Corvette? I've read a lot of dumb shit on the internet, but you just eclipsed everything else. Do us all a favor - don't have kids.
JunkYard Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 09:52 PM   #9
bradshow
Military Moderator

bradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond reputebradshow has a reputation beyond repute

holy crap bro, glad to know you're alright, i bet that was one wild ride.

i had a lower ball joint break on my s-10 once and luckily i was turning and only doing 15 mph, i thought i was gonna die.

Here's to a speedy recovery bro, keep your head up
bradshow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
Haybale
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!

Haybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond repute

damn Jesus, glad you and the wifey are alright, that isn't good at all for the truck, it looks like it was the spindle that let go, was the threaded end of the spindle still in the rotor?

Hope it all works out for ya.

For a quicker response e-mail vs pm'ing me: haybale78@yahoo.com

Ryan 99 SVT L #1339 Built LB and Trans, LT's with custom 3in exhaust, NT05R's, Jabsco IC Pump

SS Braided IC Lines, HD Hose Clamps, Dibbs List, http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...t=81793&page=4
Haybale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #11
Bgstew6
DONE

Bgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond reputeBgstew6 has a reputation beyond repute

you can see the spindle and threaded end along with the eyelet for the cotter key....

that out bearing grenaded...the rotor ran on the spindle and destroyed the spindle nut by the looks of it.
2k2 Black Harley Davidson SCrew, #1088
What's that sound you say????...."Why that's 19lbs of Pure, Cogged, Kenne Bell 2.3 Screamin Hell! mixed with a little bit of my Stock Block crying like a Jilted Jezebel
"If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle."
- Sun Tzu

How come these injuns ain't killin us???
Cause they can't see us, we're in the spirit world asshole!!!

My Gallery
Bgstew6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 10:33 PM   #12
Haybale
Upgraded In Tank Fuel Line Kits!!!!

Haybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond reputeHaybale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgstew6 View Post
you can see the spindle and threaded end along with the eyelet for the cotter key....

that out bearing grenaded...the rotor ran on the spindle and destroyed the spindle nut by the looks of it.
I see that now, it first looked like the spindle had sheared.

For a quicker response e-mail vs pm'ing me: haybale78@yahoo.com

Ryan 99 SVT L #1339 Built LB and Trans, LT's with custom 3in exhaust, NT05R's, Jabsco IC Pump

SS Braided IC Lines, HD Hose Clamps, Dibbs List, http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum...t=81793&page=4
Haybale is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 10:37 PM   #13
halflife
Supporting Vendor

halflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond reputehalflife has a reputation beyond repute

if you kept that straight at 65 mph you got some skill and you should be proud of yourself. sucks but glad you are ok.
halflife is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #14
greyhd
Amsoil Dealer

Stew is right, the outer bearing split into pieces and the nut with the cotter key is still attached. From a quick look, I will need a new spindle, rotor, caliper, caliper bracket, bearings, pads, and some brake fluid.

Old 02-21-2010, 10:39 PM   #15
lightning02
Super Duper Moderator

lightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond reputelightning02 has a reputation beyond repute

good to see you guys where OK

and i agree this year is NOT looking good thats forsure

lightning02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Advertisements