Lightning Rodder banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportmachines 03/04 20" wheel purchase thread

173K views 797 replies 118 participants last post by  Sportmachines 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Hello everyone. The time has come to take the next step towards you all having these wheels. This thread is specifically for the deposits, payments and order status to keep it cleaner and easier to track.

This product and project is moving right along and to that effect here is the current schedule for production, completion and deposits.

Basic information:
SM 0304 wheel
20x9.5
14 offest
5x135 lug pattern
87mm hub bore
Stock lug nuts

The wheels have gone through extensive testing and come with JWL verification cast into them to signify their design and structural integrity. They are rated to 775kg each (1705lbs). They weigh 36.5 lbs each.

First batch will consist of 80 sets. After that the subsequent batches will take 60-80 days to arrive. We plan on keeping these on hand and in stock for the remainder of the year at a minimum.

Price: $1400 plus shipping and handling. $500 deposit to reserve your set. Balance and shipping costs due upon wheel finishing and completion, prior to shipping.

Raw wheel sets, for those of you who are getting wheels widened , or chromed, price is adjusted:
$1175

Available finishes standard, Powedercoat: Factory metallic silver, Gloss black, Flat black

Optional finishes will be available for additional cost. Price will be determined based on desired finish ie: Black chrome effect, various colors, metallics, candy colors

We are also working on a group discount rate for chrome through wheel concepts. Info and pricing will be available soon, and will be solidified before the arrival of the wheel, so that decisions can be made and that process can be handled in conjunction with the rest of the wheel finishing and gets people their sets sooner.

SCHEDULE:

JULY 8, 2014 - expected date for production to be complete. The wheels are currently in production and they should all be done, boxed and ready to ship by 7/8.

August 4, 2014 – expected arrival date of the first shipment. The wheels will ship immediately upon completion and time in transit is estimated at 21-24 days.

DEPOSITS - now that the prototype wheels exist, have been tested, test fit and we can now accept deposits. Cost per set of wheels is $1400. A $500 deposit will be required to reserve your set of wheels.

There is no deadline for the payment. Deposit is required to reserve your set. If you would like to pay in full, your set is not only reserved, but it will be processed, finished and shipped in order of the payments received.

The price is the price, we will not be adjusting the price like a GP for a set number of units, or if participation drops. You guys get first dibs.

We will accept several forms of payment:
CASH of course
Credit Card , info taken over the phone 585-204-7989
Paypal sportmachines@hotmail.com

When ordering and submitting payment, be sure to include the following information:
LR Screen name
Name
Address
Phone number and email
Number of wheels or sets being ordered
Desired finish

Right now we will be keeping this first batch exclusive to the Lightning Rodder Community. You guys are the enthusiasts that kicked off this project and we want to make sure we take care you guys first. After this GP/Vendor special is satisfied, we will open it up to the other Lightning clubs and groups and the general public. If you have any specific questions or special requirements, please contact us via PM, email: sportmachines@hotmail.com or phone 585-204-7989

Thank you again!

TEAM Sportmachines

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
The list of interested parties from the other thread. This will reflect the order/deposit/payment status.

#...Screen name..........Payment status.....Finish..........Qty

1. BlowerWhore............DEPOSIT PAID......CUSTOM.......4
2 Blueberry4.6
3 spacebarn007..........PAID IN FULL..........Flat Black.....4
4 rebel842001............DEPOSIT PAID.........Gloss Black...4
5 SVTdriver
6 Stewie03................DEPOSIT PAID........Raw/Chrome......4
7 Throttle Jockey
8 superchargedV8........DEPOSIT PAID.......Silver...............4
9 svtdgo
10 Redlightning II........DEPOSIT PAID.......Raw/Chrome.....5 (4 chrome, 1 raw)
11 Wayneovich
12 2003 lightning
13 ridethelightning
14 Blaine...................DEPOSIT PAID.......Silver..............4
15 FreddieG...............DEPOSIT PAID.......Silver..............4
16 Sonic eyes
17 charlielightning......DEPOSIT PAID........Silver..............4
18 mruvio
19 MixMkr
20 Emig5m
21 CHRISCADE
22 sc79.................DEPOSIT PAID.....Raw................4
23 MISTERgadget....PAID IN FULL.......Raw + Silver....8 (4/4)
24 03Cali Svt
25 GEN2LIGHTNING
26 MJBumpy..........DEPOSIT PAID........Raw ............4
27 bishopp48......... PAID IN FULL........Silver............4
28 tbonemcniel.......PAID IN FULL.........Raw..............6
29 Ride The...........PAID IN FULL..........RAW.............4
30 PC PaiN............DEPOSIT PAID.........Gloss Black....4
31 LightningLA
32 JeffsLightning....DEPOSIT PAID.........Silver............4
33 Lkompapelon
34 5.4sc ...............DEPOSIT PAID.........RAW.............6
35 Phatzilla18........DEPOSIT PAID.........Silver............4
36 04SilverL...........DEPOSIT PAID.........RAW.............4
38 speed3198
39 B-rad2...................DEPOSIT PAID......RAW.........4
40 Fast Willy
41 04Purplelightning
42 04StruckDaGround
43 19652plus2
44 FLACO G
45 10secL
46 parra
47 stanghunter
49 steed77
50 NA Rush.................Paid in Full...........Raw.........2
51 SVT2000 Lowered
52 ModdedLightning.....DEPOSIT PAID.....Raw.................4
53 Vince.....................PAID IN FULL......Silver................4
54 Castellscl...............DEPOSIT PAID.....Raw/Chrome.....4
55. MJG......................PAID IN FULL.......Silver...............4
56. SS This.................DEPOSIT PAID.....Gloss Black........4
58. Junkyard_SVT
59. Tobynt................PAID IN FULL........Silver(4) Chrome (4)..............8
60. CaliLightning.........DEPOSIT PAID..........Silver..........4
61. rdlightning01
62. tdesoto276...........DEPOSIT PAID.........Silver..........4
63. Joey2Win
64. phatboy19
66. R2K....................PAID IN FULL.......Flat Black.............4
67. alightningfan08
68. JuJus04lightning...PAID IN FULL.......Silver...................4
69. Xtremesn
72. streetking............DEPOSIT PAID......Raw/Chrome........4
75. Ericchavez66........DEPOSIT PAID.......Gloss BLack.........4
76. boostD4life..........DEPOSIT PAID........Raw/Chrome........4
77. Blightning...........PAID IN FULL..........Gloss Black..........4
79. Svtsooner...........DEPOSIT PAID........Raw/Chrome........4
80. lbronco96............DEPOSIT PAID........Silver.................4
81. 87vertgt
82. K_R_V_E_L
83. Fiveology............PAID IN FULL..........Silver.................6
84. JROC
85. Rusty

#4 · (Edited)
CHROME UPDATE

The coordination of this was done with the grandest of intentions, but the logistics are just not going to work out. To do the batch shipping and discount all of the wheels would have to be paid for and ready to send out all at once. That means some would have to wait for others to pay and could create unrest. So we are not going to do the chrome thing. We will be shipping the raw wheels to you guys and each of you can choose who to use for chroming or do as you wish. IF you would like us to send the wheels to a chromer of your choice, we will gladly do that, as long as you provide us the info and handle the rest with that company.

#8 ·
Deposit sent. I left info in the paypal comments.

#10 ·
paypal sent and ifno as well.

but just incase

Blaine
Blaine King
510 nevada st.
South Houston texas 77587
713-503-4514
redsvt001@yahoo.com
1 set of factory silver finish

#11 ·
:bigtu

Sportmachines, thank you for your efforts and toleration throughout the process of making this come to fruition.

A few questions for clarification:
-How long will deposits be held for before the remaining amount must be paid? (I see there's no deadline for payment but I believe this needs to be addressed).
-Are deposits refundable in the event someone must back out before paying in-full? If so, for how long after the deposit date?

I'll be submitting my deposit for a set of raw wheels soon!

Thanks again for making this dream a reality!

#12 ·
A few questions for clarification:
-How long will deposits be held for before the remaining amount must be paid? Balance is due prior to shipment of wheels, which per the schedule will arrive first week of August, finishing and shipping will commence immediately. In short, plan on balance being paid 2-3rd week of August.

(I see there's no deadline for payment but I believe this needs to be addressed).

Theres no deadline to get your deposit in. But we have a limited number of sets in the first batch. So if you want to make sure you get a set in this batch, I suggest you pay sooner rather than later.

-Are deposits refundable in the event someone must back out before paying in-full? If so, for how long after the deposit date?

Haven't thought about this, since there has been plenty of notice, info, follow up and follow through. That being said, things change and we understand that. But dragging it out and flaking puts us in a difficult position. I'll have to think about this some more and figure something out. I hope that we can all be gentlemen and handle things in a timely and standup fashion. But this is business with a lot on the line. Let me figure out some parameters.

#17 ·
No problem. We are only 3 hours from Toronto, so pick up or meet up is an option for you.

I won't be purchasing a set for my truck but I just wanted to comment and say how great Sportmachines seems to have handled this project and gone about it in such a professional manner. Great work Tom. Hope everyone enjoys theirs wheels. I cannot wait to see a set in person.
Thank you very much for the kind words. That means a lot to us

Any thoughts on how much a chrome set will run, even a ball park would be fine, I would like to put my deposit down just wanna make sure that the price will be in my range. Thank you for taking the time to make these a reality, have always wanted the 03-04 wheels in a 20".
I will be updating the first post with details on chrome as we get them. It will be by the end of the week.

#14 ·
I won't be purchasing a set for my truck but I just wanted to comment and say how great Sportmachines seems to have handled this project and gone about it in such a professional manner. Great work Tom. Hope everyone enjoys theirs wheels. I cannot wait to see a set in person.

#31 ·
The list has been updated.

We are talking to Cal Chrome and Wheel Concepts to negotiate a discounted quantity rate, as we would be able to ship a pallet of sets to save on shipping costs and the cost of the chroming. I hope to have prices and turnaround time info by the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.