Lightning Rodder banner

going to try to go to my first auto-x event

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Pro71bird 
#1 ·
I found out that a car club in the area does autox events a few miles from my apartment. Their next event is the 16th and Im going to stop by and see what its about. I definitely want to ride along, but Im not sure if I will feel comfortable racing yet.

#4 ·
You will get hooked. I did a ton of AutoX events with my first Lightning. I would get two of three ride along requests each time I went.

#7 ·
Any updates? Have you run any autocross events yet?

You will definitely get hooked!!! That's how I started, and now all I do is open track/time trial events. Go have fun!!!
BAMAM - hope to run into you at a local event someday. I run alot of events up and down the state including the Good-Guys event in Pleasanton. Are you running any events in the near future?

These shots are from the Truckin Throwndown event in Fontana, Ca. http://www.truckinweb.com/throwdown...lightning_2014_truckin_throwdown_competitors/

#9 ·
Any updates? Have you run any autocross events yet?
They didn't have a class for me. I got to ride along in plenty of cars but I couldn't stay until the end when they would've let me run.

Now most of the events are far enough away from me to where its not worth it to go in my opinion.

#8 ·
Pro,

Is there a list of mods you have done? I am interested in this.

What about tire choices? Do you just run a smaller diameter to use tires from vette's and mustangs?

Not much in a 295/45r18 and if you step down to 17's there is even less tire choice for a wide tall sticky tire!

Hankook, nitto nt's and F1's is all right? The toyo's are junk on my lightning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.