Buying & Selling - Post Count Minimum - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

Buying & Selling - Post Count Minimum

Just curious as to why threads are not being deleted when posts are made on for sale threads by members with less that the minimum 50 post requirement.

Is this too difficult to patrol and enforce?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 01:07 PM
Divergent

Its just as easy for a potential buyer to look at that for themselves.

If its not a screen name i recognize, i dont pay it attention anyway because they dont post enough for me to buy from.
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Us Moderators need help with this stuff. That is what the "report a post' icon is for. When you see a potential problem post, report it!Our Mod team will investigate and take warrented action.

But like mentioned. Buyer beware, always. When you see a low post count, consider carefully and protect yourself.

Jim

post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 02:27 PM
The Lone Wolf

So glad someone made a post about this. I waited til my 50 and beyond.
post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-08-2015, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIR DUNKO View Post
So glad someone made a post about this. I waited til my 50 and beyond.
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Panty Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ct.TOPGUN View Post
Us Moderators need help with this stuff. That is what the "report a post' icon is for. When you see a potential problem post, report it!Our Mod team will investigate and take warrented action.

But like mentioned. Buyer beware, always. When you see a low post count, consider carefully and protect yourself.

Jim
I've reported several, that stayed up and are probably still up right now (although buried).

It also doesn't help when most member read "Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts." Perhaps that should be changed

02 True Blue #929 of 4726

Built motor, Patriot/MHS Stage 4 heads, JLP/Crower Stage III cams, 2.6 KB 10/3.25, Dynatechs, PI Converter, Punisher VB, Blower Slut Tranny, QA1's
post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

^ Agreed... I reported one and is still up as well. How often do the Moderators get around to performing a purge of the reported threads???
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 09:29 AM
Even Then I Was Old Skool!

Garage
I know its a nuisance for the moderators but thats why we have moderators right? To make sure all rules are followed. OTH, couldn't something automatic be done to the setup of the forum software where if you try to post _anything_ in the Marketplace before you have 50 posts you get rejected? And if you're looking to _Buy_ something from the Marketplace, all you have to do is send the seller a PM.

Long-Time Lightning Owner Now Driving a Big Block '69 Camaro
Click Either of the Two Links Below For More Information On:
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Bet you were born naked, you SLUT!

s197 blocks for low post counts.

I had to ask to get approved because I don't post much on there but have been a memeber on there for a couple years.

2003 DSG L - Dead and gone!
2000 White L - #4851 born on 15 August 2000 (sold)
Miss it
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 01:13 PM
AKA DADDY SHAGGY

Dont send your money as a gift. Easy as that. this is probably the best place to sell these parts. What if someone had a unicorn part and has 5 post? I'll send the money and make them pay the 3 percent and your good. I wouldn't send thousands just in case.

old whip-01 lightning
Now 0 whips.
post #11 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Call it like I see it....

low post count or high post count......it's still going to be difficult to police ALL buy/sell transactions due to lack of respect and common decency from some of these people today.
i've been on the sour end of a few deal's from high post count members in the past on other forums...i had a low post count so they found it necessary to rip me off.
one thing that i like on SVTP that is not on this site is a "feedback rating" that populates under ones screen name. allows you to see if you want to instill your trust in that member.
IMO, something that simple does help potential buyers/sellers feel somewhat more comfortable with proceeding with transactions.

02 L....built motor, cammed, 2.3 KB and spray
post #12 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 02:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningkid89 View Post
Dont send your money as a gift. Easy as that. this is probably the best place to sell these parts. What if someone had a unicorn part and has 5 post? I'll send the money and make them pay the 3 percent and your good. I wouldn't send thousands just in case.
I respectfully disagree, I did that for a purchase through a Craigslist ad. Buying an RC car to be shipped from Texas to Ohio. Wired the gentleman the money and the Guy was dragging his feet for over two weeks. I truly believe that I would never have received the car if it hadn't been for a forum member in Magnolia, Texas (Thanks Abdul) that personally drove to his house, picked up the car and dropped it off at the local post office. This same seller had promised to ship the extra body afterwards as it wouldn't fit into the box and I pestered him for six months, just recently gave up on it.

Either way, if I had not received the goods after jumping thru hoops to do so than I would have had to file a claim with PayPal and even further delayed the issue. It can take quite some time and hassle to bring closure to a claim.

Unicorn or not, any potential seller has the right to post up on Ebay and/or Craigslist, why would he/she need our Forum? Our Lightning forum members should have the peace of mind in knowing that any seller from within our community has been involved long enough to appreciate it and have the decency of not scamming a buyer. This, however, will not be fool proof but will definitely thin out the herd.
post #13 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 02:17 PM
AKA DADDY SHAGGY

I got a part on here for 200... Never received it or got any repsonses from seller for a month. Went to make a claim he never answered them I guess and I got my money back. That process didn't take long at all

old whip-01 lightning
Now 0 whips.
post #14 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 03:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningKray View Post
^ Agreed... I reported one and is still up as well. How often do the Moderators get around to performing a purge of the reported threads???
Not often enough to satisfy you, apparently. But we try. While the thread is up it is quite clear how many posts the seller has and how long he has been around. Additionally you can search the seller's posting history if you like. Use the tools available to you and make the best decision for you.

Jim
post #15 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-09-2015, 03:38 PM

You're absolutely correct, this isn't a site where you should buy / sell anything. It's a discussion board. This issues are aggravated by noisy children with too much time on their hands. I'll sell it on ebay where my rep is better.