Killer chiller neeed help asap - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Killer chiller neeed help asap

Read a recent killer chiller thread my core might be upside down. I Habe been having fits with keeping ac running cold. . I use industrial 12E and when charged perfect. Go drive for an hour and everything is hot. Considerably my issue?

I have used almost a case of industrial 12 a trying to figure it out. Had gen 1 worked great then weld broke. Joe hooked me up. LAdapted 2 kids and lightning has sat. I found what looked liked on top of my jabsco but think it's antifreeze from changing thermostats. Habe new canister installed professionally. I Habe charged 3 times and am at wits end. Every charge starts the same. I evacuate 45 min sit 45 min I start charge at 15 psi as joe recommend then go 2.5 ambient. Jntercooler fluid is mid 30s. Then around hour later AIT and enginentemo goes up greatly. Any other ideas. Is core upside down? Flip it around? Do I need to add more pag. This is my last shot then saying **** it and taking it off and put HE back on. I am so sick of messing with it. Have JDM fan in which JDM fan controller failed, then mad enterorises never really worked from day 1. Just run Manual now. Thanks. Any hits or help. This is my last shot. I am not paying several hundred bucks to Habe a shop donit noe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 10:42 PM
Stock block 11 second club

Its been a decade since I installed my Gen 1 KC so I may be weong but I'm quite certain that it can't be mounted upside down.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 06:39 AM
Former Rowing Team.

1. I want to say mine had the IC fluid lines on the bottom but i dont remember. I think the instructions are on his website and the core placement in terms of up and down should be the same on all kits. A call to Kincaid would clear that up for you though.

I had a local shop use their Snap On machine every time they charged mine. Worked fine each time for years.

What's all the green stuff? Is that dye you put in the a/c system or engine 50/50 coolant?

You said your JDM fan is on manual only now. Is it on high or low?

Just a Randy Smith and Tuned by norm Lightning....

Last edited by svt-BansheeMan; 08-11-2017 at 06:58 AM. Reason: grammar and spelling

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 04:08 PM
Tipton Co. Garbage Truck

How have you used a case of refrigerant? Is it leaking? Do your have to keep recharging because it's low on refrigerant? If so that your problem. You have a refrigerant leak somewhere.
My kc NEVER let the ac work as it should. I did everything recommended by kc including removing the he but ac still sucked.
Kc did exactly what it was supposed to but I was better off with the windows down. That's why I got rid of mine.
svt-BansheeMan likes this.

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 10:18 PM
Former Rowing Team.

It takes 5-6 cans to charge. If you used more....that's a problem.

Also the instruction say to charge at 2.5x ambient on high side. Which when using an efan, differs from an efan due to air flow.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 07:08 AM
Panty Dropper

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt-BansheeMan View Post
It takes 5-6 cans to charge. If you used more....that's a problem.

Also the instruction say to charge at 2.5x ambient on high side. Which when using an efan, differs from an efan due to air flow.
I've noticed this has been posted a few times.. how does an Efan differ from a clutch fan when we are talking ambient temperature? What difference does it make?

02 True Blue #929 of 4726

Built motor, Patriot/MHS Stage 4 heads, JLP/Crower Stage III cams, 2.6 KB 10/3.25, Dynatechs, PI Converter, Punisher VB, Blower Slut Tranny, QA1's
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 07:11 AM
Panty Dropper

Also, according to the instructions (simple google search: https://killerchiller.com/p/lightning), you do have it installed upside down. Can't say if it matters or not, but it doesn't appear to be installed according to the instructions.

Built motor, Patriot/MHS Stage 4 heads, JLP/Crower Stage III cams, 2.6 KB 10/3.25, Dynatechs, PI Converter, Punisher VB, Blower Slut Tranny, QA1's
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-12-2017, 07:40 AM
Former Rowing Team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganR View Post
I've noticed this has been posted a few times.. how does an Efan differ from a clutch fan when we are talking ambient temperature? What difference does it make?
Let's say for example you got the high side at 2.5x ambient temp with a stock clutch fan. Now put some raptor efans in the truck both on. Now the high side will read lower due to more air flow.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 10:42 AM
Panty Dropper

Interesting. So does it work better with less or more pressure? Seems you could just account for that in the multiplier if so.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 03:13 PM
Former Rowing Team.

It should work best with the most amount of ar flow through the condensor. As for how much freon is best, I don't know. It would be nice to have how much volume it takes. I don't know if volume of freon is the correct term. It's on the oem sticker on the radiator shroud.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 04:29 PM Thread Starter

No I had to change my thermostats so I think that is spillage. It holds a vacuum. The first time I charged it I ****ed up and didn't clear the yellow line between cans so thought I probally had contanmation. Second time I charged it I wouldn't stay cool so I am no on charge 3.

I have an E fan JDM. I think I have it manually wired to high but that's a good question. When I first charge I get it into the high 30s. Then latter everything gets hot. The directions picture is wrong. I will find the post where Joe said the pag oil will collect if installed like that and effect cooling. Anything I should double check before I charge one last time. I am going to make sure clutch is working right.

Just so I have procedure down correctly.
1. Draw vacccume for 45 min(should I add a bit of pag being this is the 3rd time). Make sure vacumme holds. 2.Release some of the vacumme to 15lbs(best way to do that).
3. Fire up rig out Efan on. AC on high then clear yellow line spray a bit of Fresno out.
4. Add freon. With motor running slowly with can up side doen). When can is empty. Close line lower. Always have high closed.
2. Hook up can 2. Clear linr and release untill I get to 2.5 ambient

I always make sure both lines are closed and keep high side closed at all times. I even baught a new manifold gauge set bexouse I thought my older one might be leaking.

I am going to double check to see if switch is on high and I removed the little piece that goes between the lines. Name is slipping me.

Any help would be great.

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganR View Post
Also, according to the instructions (simple google search: https://killerchiller.com/p/lightning), you do have it installed upside down. Can't say if it matters or not, but it doesn't appear to be installed according to the instructions.

To be honest with ya I don't know if I have itnin me to switch it around. Can I just flip it in the bumper. That's what I did or are all the lines running in wrong order now.

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

Fuxk at this point I am second questing everything. All the lines are wrapped to shit and back so talk about pain in the ass. Does it matter which direction what runs if I simply flip it upside down.

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Or I should say the correct side up. I am pissed they would post directions with a wrong picture. Then I think I would have to also indie the big ac lines in the core and flip.

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

I just got into the project then it sat for ever. Then back in and sat and trying to finish up. If I did it all at once it wouldn't be hard. I Habe no HE either. I am pretty sure it's routed correctly. Anyone have diagram of hownit runs without HE. Any help or advise would be great