Lightning Rodder banner

P0172/p0175 where to start??

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Bird 
#1 ·
Jus finished cleaning intercooler,plugs(tr6 .032),msd coils(yes I know oem are recommended but I got a killer deal),plugged turkey pan,intercooler pump, new gaskets for supercharger... my question is where should I start checking to diagnose the codes????

#5 ·
First step would be to retrace your reassembly steps to make sure you aren't missing any electrical or vacuum connections.

#6 ·
I just did the same maintance I gapped my tr6 @ .34
Deleted the turkey pan line n rerouted the vac line. No issues as of now.
Sounds like u left something disconnected or loose

#7 ·
I always start with Google and then move onto the search function on here. 9 out of 10 times when I talk to someone about these codes they either left a connection off or routed something wrong. The 1 %'er is a vac line is damaged.

Take some wide angle pics of your engine compartment and some closer up pics from driver side and passenger side with suitable lighting and perhaps someone on here can see if your vac lines are routed correctly or perhaps you left something off.

#8 ·
OP - check to make sure you have the vacuum line to the FPR on the fuel rail connected - if not hooked up, it'll cause these codes.

Bird

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.