Lightning Rodder banner

DID SOME LIGHTNINGS HOLD 6 QUARTS & SOME 7 QUARTS OF OIL

2K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Robert Francis 
#1 ·
Did Some Lightnings come from factory with 6 quart oil pans, And others 7 quart oil pans?? Thanks[smilie=3g

#6 ·
Op if u r asking because when u put a certain amount the dipstick still shows low, I've noticed the same. The consensus seems to be 6-6.5 qts. It seems the dipsticks r off on these trucks. 6 qts shows a quart low on my stick. I usually put half a quart in the filter and 6 in the truck. Some do 5.5 in the truck and the other half in the filter.

#10 ·
Did Some Lightnings come from factory with 6 quart oil pans, And others 7 quart oil pans?? Thanks[smilie=3g[/QUOT
My friend the amount of oil with filter all Gen 2 lightnings
Take 6 1/2 qts 100% sure of that ?from the lightning's I race to the bone stock one all take exactly the same ?The oil filter i use is .Motorcraft oil filter FL-820S and the same with the oil ?motercraft 5w20 synthetic Blend ?
That is my advice to you and anyone who owns one of these beautiful lightning trucks ???

#11 ·
Jeff is correct 6 quarts is what manual says and that is what I put in my truck for 62000 miles and for 230000 in my 97 but it was a 4.6

Reactions: JeffsLightning
#13 ·
FUNNY STUFF IS I AM A CHARTER MEMBER OF F-150 & LIGHTNING RODDER

I am a charter member of F-150 and also LightningRodder I do not remember that far back you mention we discussed this 13 years ago [i don't remember you] Now that is funny stuff [smilie=drThats a long time ago.[smilie=3g Time for it to be discussed again pertaining to 6 quart or 7 quart oil pans or anything else that needs to be discussed on this forum[smilie=bo

Reactions: SVT F-150
#16 ·
LIGHTNING RODDER IS THE BEST SOURCE OF KNOWLEDGE

I Have said this before Lightning Rodder is the best source of knowledge anywhere on our Lightnings, I appreciate everyone on Lightning Rodder Your talent on these Lightnings is beyond measure:bigtu Thanks Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.