JLP Traction bars and Stifflers Crossbrace - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
 25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Armchair Athlete

JLP Traction bars and Stifflers Crossbrace

Did a search and couldn't find anything. Will the Stifflers crossbrace work with the JLP traction bars and drive shaft loop?

2004 Ford F-150 Lightning - Out and loving it as much as the Truck loves GAS! #3573
2010 Ford F-150 FX4

Amsoil Independent Dealer
Amsoil Home Page
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 01:07 PM

I can't remember where, but I have read several times that it won't work. I've been thinking about the brace as well so thats the primary reason my JLP bars are in the box still

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 01:51 PM
Boostaholic

Save your money......if you have the JLP bars then you're fine.....if you're looking to buy bars then buy the ones that go with the brace that isn't needed

In the end no part vendor is worried about​ the other guy and their custom part when theirs is made.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George C View Post
Save your money......if you have the JLP bars then you're fine.....if you're looking to buy bars then buy the ones that go with the brace that isn't needed

In the end no part vendor is worried about​ the other guy and their custom part when theirs is made.
brace that isn't needed? You're a smart and talented guy, but now you're just sounding like an idiot....
The brace was proven to work years before stifflers made it. You're maybe too green in this community to know that.
As of recent you have had a hard on for bashing stifflers and his products. Other then the situation with LCA's being drawn out for eons. Your claims have had no bounds. You should check yourself as its not cool to bash contributing companys to our incredibly small group.
Camtec and 5.4sc like this.

02 silver Lightning. slammed, built, whipple 3.4, e85, t56 swap, TCE BBK, stifflers UCA's and long bars. Tuned with BE via quarterhorse
PB: 1.659 60ft 7.281 1/8th 95.13 mph (pre whipple)
02 silver f-250. supercab short bed 4x4, 7.3 powerstroke, chipped, intake, straight piped. 4" lift/airbag radius arm conversion and 35's
85 Toyota pickup Crawler. 4.3 vortec, marlin crawler duals, 4.88's, locked F&R, 35" MTR's
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 09:52 PM

I rode in KillerRide extended cab F150 with STIFLERS x brace and i can tell it makes a ton of difference; he doesn't even have long bars. call STILFERS Monday and see what they say.

2001 Silver Lightning-Ported blower, 6lb pulley, magnaflow mid pipe and catback. other lil goodies.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:06 AM
Boostaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qwktrk View Post
brace that isn't needed? You're a smart and talented guy, but now you're just sounding like an idiot....
The brace was proven to work years before stifflers made it. You're maybe too green in this community to know that.
As of recent you have had a hard on for bashing stifflers and his products. Other then the situation with LCA's being drawn out for eons. Your claims have had no bounds. You should check yourself as its not cool to bash contributing companys to our incredibly small group.
Simple....what is truck used for? Drag racing..a cage or roll bar will do wonders over the brace
Is truck used for auto cross?...a roll cage or roll bar will do wonders over the brace
Street driving....whats brace gonna do for a street truck besides make ya feel good about money spent

I've been around trucks my entire driving life, drove our body f150s when first came out...I stand by my statement of useless brace

As for bashing the company....I said useless brace, now talk of their quality welds? I made that statement years ago and it was to point I was messaged in private to stay hush hush about it when the pics were posted.

If speaking truth is bashing then I dunno what to say ... truth should be spoken

Also if brace is worth a ****...do this test...go track with brace on..make 5 solid hits and record the 60s...now Remove the brace and make 5 solid hits...if brace made a drastic difference I'll swallow my words if doesn't then I was right......
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Simple....what is truck used for? Drag racing..a cage or roll bar will do wonders over the brace
Is truck used for auto cross?...a roll cage or roll bar will do wonders over the brace
Street driving....whats brace gonna do for a street truck besides make ya feel good about money spent

I've been around trucks my entire driving life, drove our body f150s when first came out...I stand by my statement of useless brace

As for bashing the company....I said useless brace, now talk of their quality welds? I made that statement years ago and it was to point I was messaged in private to stay hush hush about it when the pics were posted.

If speaking truth is bashing then I dunno what to say ... truth should be spoken

Also if brace is worth a ****...do this test...go track with brace on..make 5 solid hits and record the 60s...now Remove the brace and make 5 solid hits...if brace made a drastic difference I'll swallow my words if doesn't then I was right......
I've never driven in a vehicle(maybe once IIRMC) with a roll cage/bar, i was always under the impression that it was more for safety, although i knew it did help with rigidity. what kind of roll bar/cage would you put in a DD Lightning if you wanted to go that route?

2001 Silver Lightning-Ported blower, 6lb pulley, magnaflow mid pipe and catback. other lil goodies.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Dude

George C may be right about drag racing with the Stifflers bars. I don't know, I've never dragged my truck(only between lights). The X-brace was made to enhance and stiffen the chassis for road racing and corners, also autocross. I like corners, and the brace works well for that. If you like corners I would get one. If you like drag racing get the long bars, JLP's or Stifflers.They both work well for their designed purpose. The welds on mine were good and when the Driveshaft loop came and didn't fit Brian himself made me send it back so he could make sure it fit right. 4 days later it was back at my house and installed. That kind of customer service is hard to find. For myself, I will be buying more parts from him in the future. I want to point out that these trucks can be adapted to do many, many different things. A lot of the guys here focus only on a 1/4 mile. I focused on 400,000 miles and a lot of gas and corners
Camtec and quewyn like this.

Lightning Swap,
BAR inspected, smog legal, 460-70hp/520tq,'02 low mi. Stock Lightning Motor & Trans w/ a 2.3 Kenne Bell and a JLP sheet metal intake, tuned by JJ and an X-Cal 4, All the usual supporting mods and a few extras thrown in for reliability, cooling, handling and weight carrying capabilities. Oh and dont forget power!!! Over 400,000mi. on the chassis and body! Definitely need a new paint job! I made it !!!!400,000 mi!!!!!! 132,000 with the L-motor!
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 10:36 AM
Supporting Vendor

We invite you to enter the marketplace and direct your energy's to something more positive. That’s all we’re going to say, spent enough time on worthless banter like this.
Camtec likes this.

post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Boostaholic

A roll bar or cage ties front to back in..even a roll bar you can jakc up behind fender and pick up rear of truck

Strongest configuration is a triangle..look at a roll bar or cage and it's basis is a triangle.

Autocross youll benefit highly from a actual cage..those style cages have more triangles to them especially in main hoop area
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:

I hate cluttering this thread, but you're just being an ass. No one refuted or brought up a cage vs the x brace. A properly built cage will do wonders to chassis stiffness while taking space in an already tight cab, adding creaks and squeaks, decreasing safety when not wearing a helmet, making the cab/bed harder or impossible to remove from the frame.... the list goes on. For those reasons 90% of people here will never cage their trucks.
The brace does exactly what is designed to do, stiffen the stock chassis with no ill effects short of a little loss in ground clearance. Its a good product. Is it needed for drag racing probably not for a huge effect. But realistically it wont hurt as well. Most guys on here have trucks that are for all around fun, Not purpose built. I think ill go over and crap in your LCA thread now, instead of clogging up op's thread.
Redlightning_II likes this.

02 silver Lightning. slammed, built, whipple 3.4, e85, t56 swap, TCE BBK, stifflers UCA's and long bars. Tuned with BE via quarterhorse
PB: 1.659 60ft 7.281 1/8th 95.13 mph (pre whipple)
02 silver f-250. supercab short bed 4x4, 7.3 powerstroke, chipped, intake, straight piped. 4" lift/airbag radius arm conversion and 35's
85 Toyota pickup Crawler. 4.3 vortec, marlin crawler duals, 4.88's, locked F&R, 35" MTR's
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 04:43 PM

x braces.....

Install one on any vehicle you have driven for at least a year. Get up to a cruise on the expressway. Accelerate and change lanes...... There is a real steering response change. It is easily feelable by seat of the pants as tighter and responsive. Which would make it easier to keep in your lane at the track.

99L bought new, Forged short block with a main cap girdle, ARP bolts and studs, I W dampner, ported PI heads, 1-7/8" long tubes, 3" full exh, ported Eaton, long bars, solid motor mounts, Trans by A-1, 18 lb pullied, X4 tuner.
post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 05:51 PM
E85R

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbolt View Post
what kind of roll bar/cage would you put in a DD Lightning if you wanted to go that route?
You should never put a roll bar or cage in any daily driven vehicle...Hit your head on any bar could be fatal. Blunt force trauma!

The foot say's go, The light say's no!
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified Drunk View Post
You should never put a roll bar or cage in any daily driven vehicle...Hit your head on any bar could be fatal. Blunt force trauma!
I don't plan to especially in a DD single cab truck. I've seen many mustangs with roll bar/cage and it's a PITA to get in/out if it's full on race.

everyone knows as these trucks need as much help with chassis stiffening as possible. whichever route you want to go, then that is your decision.

and who hasn't spent money on non essential parts for their car/truck. there is no mod that is needed, only maintenance of course.

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:18 PM
Boostaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qwktrk View Post
I hate cluttering this thread, but you're just being an ass. No one refuted or brought up a cage vs the x brace. A properly built cage will do wonders to chassis stiffness while taking space in an already tight cab, adding creaks and squeaks, decreasing safety when not wearing a helmet, making the cab/bed harder or impossible to remove from the frame.... the list goes on. For those reasons 90% of people here will never cage their trucks.
The brace does exactly what is designed to do, stiffen the stock chassis with no ill effects short of a little loss in ground clearance. Its a good product. Is it needed for drag racing probably not for a huge effect. But realistically it wont hurt as well. Most guys on here have trucks that are for all around fun, Not purpose built. I think ill go over and crap in your LCA thread now, instead of clogging up op's thread.
Simple as this....do the test I mentioned and repeat back

As for doing anything to any thread go right ahead I could give a **** less.....the brace is useless and unless you can prove otherwise or anyone else it will remain being said it is useless...you can gain stiffness as well by swapping out the old wore out body mounts.

As for not hurting in drag racing...it's unneeded weight, so it adds weight which slows ya down, remember this is community that swaps out there dual core rad for a single core to save weight

So what you're saying is ppl need to stiffen their chassis on a daily truck...yet trucks been around for decades without needed a x brace to stiffen their dailys

Now a cage or roll bar can be hidden and designed where doesn't effect cab comfort...most don't place main hoop in correct location when it should be above drivers helmet..so with no helmet it should clear well if designed correctly

But ppl like to spend money on things that are fancy to some and not practical to others which is the x brace

Now to help OP.... aftermarket parts aren't designed with other aftermarket parts in mind