I'm having problems with body mounts.. - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By mizlplix

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

I'm having problems with body mounts..

How's it going lightning lovers that's also my description I've had multiple trucks and I decided to change the body mounts on this one I got an "energy suspension" polyurethane body mount kit and all 4 mounts in the rear fit but the front mounts are completely different, has anyone had this issue?? And if you have what did you do to fix it or how did you make it work? Thanks in advance for all your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

The year of my truck is 2003..
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 11:08 AM
E85R Space Dust

Mine fit fine, what are the issues?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2388.jpg (241.2 KB, 132 views)

The foot say's go, The light say's no!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

My issue was maybe due to rust I guess they were pulling straight through the frame.. I bought a stock set of fronts and they worked and fit better.. Thanks for your reply... I moved since then and haven't been online since.. Maybe you can help with the new issue.. I want just changing the mounts... There is a story that follows,..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified Drunk View Post
Mine fit fine, what are the issues?

How are you? I'm Mike anyway .. So while driving my 00 Lightning i had small incident with a wide tree stump, just clipped my cab corner.. So, I changed out my cab and found another black Lightning but it switched to an 04.. Some things in the column were a little different but everything plugged up with a little manipulation... Now.. It started up at first for a sec or two but then sounded like it ran out of gas an do heard no pump.. So I checked the power to the pump.. (Bed is off) No power.. ?... Ok all fuses are good.. Relays I swapped out with my old dash I know they work.. I tried to jump the relay but still no power to the pump.. ??.. I'm thinking a Ground I missed maybe, its not the theft because it started and no theft light... Also now if I hit my horn the Right signal lights up on the cluster... Can anyone think of anything off anything off of the top of your head that would directly effect the fuel pump from a cab swap.
THANKS SO MUCH for any insight...

Last edited by Mike Diodato; 11-12-2017 at 06:17 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 07:52 PM

PCM....

Are you using your PCM or the one that was in the new cab?

Are you using your old key or the one with the new column?

The PATS shuts off fuel pump pressure too.

You need to be using your old key with your old PCM. Any other combo will trip the PATS.
Leeproctor83 and quewyn like this.

99L bought new, Forged short block with a main cap girdle, ARP bolts and studs, I W dampner, ported PI heads, 1-7/8" long tubes, 3" full exh, ported Eaton, long bars, solid motor mounts, Trans by A-1, 18 lb pullied, junked the X4 tuner.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 12:59 AM

horn honking

Your horn honking causes the right turn signals to work sounds like a column ground problem.

99L bought new, Forged short block with a main cap girdle, ARP bolts and studs, I W dampner, ported PI heads, 1-7/8" long tubes, 3" full exh, ported Eaton, long bars, solid motor mounts, Trans by A-1, 18 lb pullied, junked the X4 tuner.